cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loosing internet

Wife watching sky Atlantic. Internet lost and within 2 seconds internet found ,but having to go back to start screen. Now box hard wired to internet via virgin superhub3.now box seems to be very hot!mounted on top of TV unit in the cool air. Help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is already a thread for this problem, which I also experience all the time. To be get around it, unplug the ethernet cable, and connect wirelessly. If you can't connect wirelessly (I couldn't originally), Google now tv smart box secret menu disable Internet pings.
Follow those instructions and you will now be able to connect wirelessly.
It's a software fault with the latest update that affects the now tv smart box that's connected to virgin super hub via ethernet! So annoying. Hoping for a software fix so I can go back to ethernet connection!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is already a thread for this problem, which I also experience all the time. To be get around it, unplug the ethernet cable, and connect wirelessly. If you can't connect wirelessly (I couldn't originally), Google now tv smart box secret menu disable Internet pings.
Follow those instructions and you will now be able to connect wirelessly.
It's a software fault with the latest update that affects the now tv smart box that's connected to virgin super hub via ethernet! So annoying. Hoping for a software fix so I can go back to ethernet connection!
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi TC

One other thing you should do is try and keep your box cool, so do not keep it on top of your TV because the TV's heat, combines with the boxes own heat, makes things worse and will more than likely shorten the life of the box.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box is next to TV on top of of unit. I am going to raise it up using some Lego blocks!