cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live help was useless for my smart box issue, poor service!

Here's the transcript!

What more can I say, hope you have better luck than me folks!  Terrible service.

Mahesh: Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Mahesh. How can I help?

Me: Hi, ive just been disconnected from live chat but still need support

Me: Hello?

Mahesh: Hi. Mahesh: Sorry for the technical error you have faced.

Mahesh: Let me help you.

Mahesh: What bring you to NOW TV live chat?

Me: My smart box is having problems

Mahesh: I will help you.

Me: Thank you Me: Hello?

Mahesh: Welcome.

Mahesh: Is it a NOW TV Smart Box or NOW TV box, color please?.

Me: NOW TV smart box

Mahesh: Thank you, can I have your Full name and Email Id registered with NOW TV Please?.

Me: Paul Luxton [email removed]

Mahesh: Thank you for the details.

Mahesh: Can I know the error you are getting?.

Me: There is no error code. The now box needs constant restarting as it either doesn't connect to wifi or the live TV is just a blank screen with sound

Mahesh: Alright, Please hard reset the box.

Me: I have done that before I came on live chat. It took about 20 minutes

Mahesh: Can you try once again by pressing the button behind the box for 20-25 secs untill you get Lets get started page it a request. 🙂

Me: Is there a button on the smart box? Mahesh: Yes there is a reset button behind the box.

Me: I cannot see a reset switch on the NOW TV Smart Box Me: According to the NOW TV Forum there is no reset switch for the NOW TV Smart Box

Mahesh: Yes if you see the back of the box there is a reset switch.

Me: Found it. I have pressed it and its reset

Me: It's reset

Mahesh: You have to keep pressing for 25 - 30 seconds until the box restarts and gives you a page to Lets get started.

Me: Yes it says let's get started

Mahesh: Follow the instruction on the screen and update the NOW TV box.

Me: I have already done this and it didn't solve the problem?

Mahesh: Lets just try once, is the box updating now ?.

Me: It's linking Me: It's updating apps Mahesh: Alright:)

Mahesh: Thank you for keeping me updated.

Me: It's updated all the apps and says all done

Me: I'm scanning all the tv channels

Mahesh: Okay.

Me: All done Mahesh: Is it working NOW?.

Me: Yes its working but it was working before, my problem is I have to restart the box upto 4 times a day! I have already carried out this procedure before going through live help!

Mahesh: Are you facing the issue again?.

Me: Hi, could you read my previous message in its entirety and respond

Mahesh: Yes you meant it keeps restarting 4 to five times.

Mahesh: But did it restart now after REsetting the box?.

Me: Is there a telephone contact number please

Me: Yes it restarted but I fear the problem will continue as I have carried out all these steps before to no avail

Mahesh: Sorry We're an online service so we don’t have a contact number.

Mahesh: Is the box under 1 year warranty?.

Me: Yes its under 1 year old

Mahesh: Then you can replace the box.

Mahesh: If its purchased from the retailer please visit the retailer with the receipt they will replace the box with new one. 🙂 Me: Ok Me: Could I have a copy of this transcript please

Mahesh: Can I know from where did you purchase the NOW TV box?.

Me: Argos Me: Could I have a copy of the transcript please Mahesh: Yes as you press end chat button, you will get an option for save.

Mahesh: And you can save this file as you want. Me: Thank you Mahesh: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me: No thank you

You've ended the chat

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The live chat advisor has given you the wrong information about doing a hard factory reset on the NowTV smart box (this guide will explain how to factory reset the smart box).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box

This is what i would try in your position, switch off both the TV and box, then try swapping to a different HDMI port on your TV (subject to your TV has more than one port, if not try a different HDMI cable).

Then i would power on your TV followed by your smart box, then go into the smart box menu and undertake a full factory reset (follow the link guide above) you will have to re enter your WiFi and username details again.

Then you will after carry out a full TV channel re scan on the smart box.

Finally go into the smart box menu settings again and undertake a further software update.

If the problem still persists then maybe take it back to the retailer for a replacement or refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the support, much appreciated 🙂