cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live Tv

Is it possible to restart a programme on live tv with a smart box? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can if you use the BBC iPlayer app instead. Open up the BBC iPlayer app, go to Channels at the top, then pick your channel (BBC1 is the default) and on the right you'll see the option to watch live ('On Now'). Clicking that should give you the choice of watching from the start or live.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

It depends. If you mean restarting programmes you are watching via aerial on Freeview then no, the box only starts buffering from when you switch to the channel you are watching (although if the box was already showing that channel when the programme started and you were out of the room you may be able to rewind it to the start if it's not too long ago).

For NOW TV content, you can restart a programme on the live channels if NOW TV already have the on-demand version of it (so most movies should be fine, but TV programmes more likely not as on-demand episodes don't usually appear until after the programme airs, and not many repeats are available on-demand). BUT you don't get the option if you go to the live channel via the TV Guide on the box homepage. You'll only get the option to watch from start if you go into the NOW TV app first and then go to the watch live channels from within the app via the Entertainment or Cinema sections on the menu.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply. So as I umderdtand it I can't restart a programme on
Bbc1?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  your best option to restart a BBC program on the smart or other Now boxes is to use the IPlayer app.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can if you use the BBC iPlayer app instead. Open up the BBC iPlayer app, go to Channels at the top, then pick your channel (BBC1 is the default) and on the right you'll see the option to watch live ('On Now'). Clicking that should give you the choice of watching from the start or live.