cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live Pause doesn't work on the stand alone Sky Sports News app.

Does it work on the version of the channel that can be viewed through the NowTV app ?

Is live pause working ok on the live Sports channels ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
I've check live Sky Sports channels and yes you can pause them if that helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The live pause feature on the smart box works on the Freeview, NowTV live entertainment and live movies channels.

Unfortunately live pause doesn't work on the live Sports Channels or the Sky Sports News HQ app.

Some information about the live pause feature is on this guide article linked below.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Subtitles

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but it says:

Can I pause, rewind or record the TV channels?

With the NOW TV Smart Box you can pause and rewind the live TV channels for up to 30 minutes.
On all other devices, you can only pause or rewind on demand movies and shows.

Sky Sports is a live channel.

Not impressed.

Could a Sky rep respond to this issue please?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't subscribe to the NowTV Sports Passes, so i can't double check or test the Live Pause Feature, but i am sure that i read somewhere previously that it will not work (Perhaps somebody who owns a smart box and subscribes to the sports passes can confirm either way).

I have just tested the Sky Sports News HQ App and the Live Pause Feature has i thought definitely does not work on my smart box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And thanks again!

Live pause and 50Hz output are the reason I've shelled out. 50Hz wise, it's way better than the previous boxes, but not perfect - there's still some jitter - even on low bitrate Freeview channels surprisingly. But then in Freeview terms, it's cheap and cheerful. My Humax Freeview PVR and Freeview TV both cost a lot more and are both a lot better. Makes sense! Smiley Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With my post regarding the live pause feature doesn't work on the Sky Sports Live channels, please don't take this has Gospel just in case i am wrong.

Wait until either somebody else confirms either way or you get an official NowTV reply on here.

Edit - Look like i was wrong sorry to mislead you, @Anonymous User thanks for the clarification. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully Sky can look into getting pause working on the stand alone plugin as well. Hopefully an Advisor will respond here. There's a suggestions thread somewhere I think - I'll put it forward.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Live pause certainly does work on the Sky Sports channels, as I use it to pause F1 when I need food or drink etc during the long broadcasts. I couldn't survive to 10 - 11 hour broadcasts this weekend otherwise (main event plus support races).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
I've check live Sky Sports channels and yes you can pause them if that helps.