cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live Chat: "Smart box is just launched and is not live yet"

Hi all,

I have been using the new smart box and have really enjoyed it so far. I turned it on tonight to watch some freeview and I noticed that all options for freeview have disapeared, when asking live chat about this they claim that "the smart box is just launched and is not live yet. It should go live in the first week of August. This is the reason you're unable to access the box."

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That's strange it looks like your smart box has lost the main homepage layout.

Firstly i wouldn't bother with a re scan of the channels until you have followed my advice below.

Try a factory reset following these instructions.

• Leaving both the TV and box left switched on press and hold the reset button underneath the bottom of the box until the NowTV welcome purple screen comes back on.
  • It should then default back to the homepage, if the screen is still the same has your photo, then go to Settings, then System, then Advanced systems settings, then Factory reset.

Once you carry out a factory reset you will have to re enter all your details again from scratch and you will then have to re scan the TV channels again.

See if that fixes it.    

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried a reboot on the box to see if the Freeview channels reappear, also double check that the aerial is connected tightly into it's socket.

If that doesn't work try a fresh TV channel re scan on the box by going into the menu settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

Sorry I was not clear enough, the actual menus for freeview have dissapeared. I have attached an image.

Yes I have rebooted and will try a fresh scan.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That's strange it looks like your smart box has lost the main homepage layout.

Firstly i wouldn't bother with a re scan of the channels until you have followed my advice below.

Try a factory reset following these instructions.

• Leaving both the TV and box left switched on press and hold the reset button underneath the bottom of the box until the NowTV welcome purple screen comes back on.
  • It should then default back to the homepage, if the screen is still the same has your photo, then go to Settings, then System, then Advanced systems settings, then Factory reset.

Once you carry out a factory reset you will have to re enter all your details again from scratch and you will then have to re scan the TV channels again.

See if that fixes it.    

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

I'm back up and running, it needed a factory reset - thanks for your help!

By the way does anybody know that the chat agent was on about when she said "the smart box is just launched and is not live yet. It should go live in the first week of August. This is the reason you're unable to access the box."?? I can't find any information about this. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Firstly i am glad you are sorted and back up & running. Smiley Happy

I don't know why the Live Chat Advisor said that the service on the smart box was not going live until the beginning of August unless they were getting confused with something else ?

Perhaps some extra training might be required for any new personnel NowTV may have added recently ?

Legend 5
Legend 5

Chat personnel can be misguided unfortunately. The box would not be on sale if it was not live and usable.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.