cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE PROBLEMS

Hi

Ever since the latest software update to my smart nowtv box which was 17th Jan 2018 when i turn on my nowtv box it turns the tv on and on the correct hdmi input but it then seems to loose the signal and changes to a different hdmi input.

It does this on both my boxes, before the update i just pressed the home button on my nowtv remote it then turned on my nowtv box and the tv on the correct channel.

Anyone else had this problem please?

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Schnapps,

I raised both issues via Live Chat, was given a suggestion to "swap the ends of the HDMI cable" and then the session timed out.... after 8 minutes.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The community manager has posted a reply about the pause issue in this thread and will update that thread when there is any news

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Pause-Continue-watching-Fast-forward-Jumps-back-to-point-it-was/m-p/454561#M4727

If you go there and click Topic Options > Subscribe near the top (you need to be signed in first) then you'll get an email notification of any updates.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone having problems with Subtitles not showing?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you had your Display set at 720p you may need to reset it again as I noticed the update changed 'Display settings' back to 'Auto' (which in my case is 1080p) on my box. If I'm correct my Roku also did that after updates.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just checked my smart box and subtitles seem fine when testing a few movies.

Is the subtitles issue on your nowtv box effected on all movies / entertainment shows that offer subtitles or certain movies or shows only ?

The way i tend to switch on the subtitles on my box, is to start a show or movie that shows the subtitles S symbol and when the content starts playing, click the OK button on the remote and when the pop up menu shows on screen select the subtitles option towards bottom right of menu.

If your box is not showing any subtitles at all, then I would try rebooting the box by switching off the power for say a minute and then power back the box on again.

If still no joy then maybe try a forced software update on the box by going into the secret menu by pressing the Home button 5 times on the remote, followed quickly be pressing the FF 3 times and then quickly press the RW 2 times.

Even if the secret menu says that you are on the current software, still update the same software version on your box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I was watching Rings last night but it was buffering , so I tried few options including the "other secret" menu in order to disable / enable pings, I tried connecting to the guest account on Virgin as well and I had no luck. It was still buffering so I decided to call it quits.

Today I tried watching the movie again and the stream is ok but the subtitles are not showing unfortunately. I just did the forced update and still the same. I tried few movies that have the S but none of them are displaying any subtitles. Tried toggling the S like you said in the bottom of the menu but nothing. In the Now tv main menu Captions are on as well.

I will unplug the box now and leave it for a while to see if it helps...

Thank you for your help. I will update if any luck.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am playing Rings the movie now and subtitles are showing fine on my setup (thought that nowtv may have missed adding the subtitles on the movie their end on their servers but this doesn't seem to be the case).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, last night I had the subtitles , today gone. 😞

Just tried again and nope. Something must have went wrong somewhere... 

I will factory reset it, last resort...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Factory Reset done it 🙂

Subtitles are back, thanks for your help 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Phew glad you are sorted Smiley Happy

I don't use subtitles myself, but I did notice when testing the movie Rings that the subtitles wasn't in complete sync with the speech (there was a slight delay with the subtitles coming up on screen).