cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE PROBLEMS

Hi

Ever since the latest software update to my smart nowtv box which was 17th Jan 2018 when i turn on my nowtv box it turns the tv on and on the correct hdmi input but it then seems to loose the signal and changes to a different hdmi input.

It does this on both my boxes, before the update i just pressed the home button on my nowtv remote it then turned on my nowtv box and the tv on the correct channel.

Anyone else had this problem please?

31 REPLIES 31
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have the same exact problem on my Panasonic 4K TV where before the new Firmware update version 7.7.3 the 1 touch feature worked perfectly fine every time.

Since the new Firmware 7.7.3, when pressing any key on the remote the TV switches on to the incorrect HDMi source input (doesn't matter what i try),

I did send the NowTV Trials Team a bug report about this and didn't hear anything back from them Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

Thank god someone else is having this problem lol, i've been on live chat and google and at last i've found someone alse in the same boat .

On my main tv which is a 55 inch LG Oled tv the problem is as i described but on my 40 inch samsung smart tv it turns the tv onto a different live hdmi  feed, but the lg hasn't got any other live hdmi feed connected so it turns on the correct one for a couple of seconds then turns it onto another.

I only hope they manage to fix it, but do you know what was new in that latest update. Smiley Sad

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Haven't tried another TV in my house, but like you described press any button on the smart box RC and the box will start and the TV HDMI input source for a split second will display the correct HDMI input, then will suddenly change to the wrong HDMI input on my TV on it's own accord (very frustrating) Smiley Mad

Here's a thread discussing the newer firmware update 7.7.3 on the smart boxes.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Smartbox-updated-to-7-7-3/td-p/454457

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

How strange!  I have two Smart Boxes, one connected to a Sony HD TV in the lounge and the other connected to a Logik HD TV in the bedroom.  Both TV sets have two HDMI input sockets. The Smart Box is connected to HDMI 1 and I have an Amazon Firestick connected to HDMI2 in both rooms.  The firmware updated on both boxes to Ver. 7.7.3 build 4135 on 16th January 2018.

For the record,

(1) I have never encountered the problem with the HDMI feed switching to the wrong input.

(2) The "pause", "rewind" and "forward" functions seem to be working OK.

(3) Since the update was installed, I find I can now delete greyed-out items from my Watch List, so that problem seems to have been cured too.

I hope you manage to get the problem resolved.  It seems to affect only certain TV sets, and I am lucky that it does not happen on either of mine.  My TV sets are just standard HD ... not 4K Ultra. (There is no point in having 4K Ultra here, because I am one of the 5% of the population without the option of fibre broadband!)

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all 

Just bought my NowTV Smart Box today (23/01/2018) and have eventually got it up and running on JVC Led Smart TV

And as others have stated the box sees the HDMI 1 and then screen goes blank and then text pops up with "no signal" not very impressed 

And after turning tv off for a while turned on TV and I got the same no signal Smiley Sad so only way to get NowTV to work is to restart to smart box not really hard just a pain 

surly a new update build would sort this out very quickly Smiley Frustrated

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Your issue sounds different to mine and the other posts on here, where I don't get the HDMI loss of signal but the TV will initialy fire up on the correct HDMI input source, then will quickly change to the wrong HDMI input on the TV.

If your smart box is connected to HDMI 1 and doesn't change the HDMI input and shows loss of signal on HDMI 1 then this may be a HDMi conflict between the box and TV.

What happens if you swap the smart box onto a different port on your TV or try another HDMI cable ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps

Ok just did a full reset unpluged TV and left off for 15 mins plugged in newtv smart box all seems ok 

Wonder if TV got confused  with HDMI cable i did use old HDMI cable not new one 

All seems good now Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

So tried the smart box, no issue with unwanted HDMI switching for me, tried various settings on the box and CEC settings on TV. The only way I could replicate it is with an additional Roku/NOW TV box connected up. No surprise when this happens HDMI switching occur as both devices are responding to remote commands

@schnapps I know you have a Roku Express, is this connected up to the TV at the same time? (Your Stick won't affect things as it only responds to wifi).

Doesnt seem to be the case for @Anonymous User as stated no other devices connected to one TV.

Is this the only thread with people affected? Would be interested to know what HDMI input is it switching to, is it the same one each time and what device is connected to it if so? How are you solving the issue, does it only switch initially on start up, after that it's behaving itself? Or if it's switching constantly what do you do to get it to behave so you can use the box? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy

No Roku Express connected to TV (since I purchased my Roku Stick plus) and no other Roku IR devices connected to the Panasonic 4K TV.

On initial switch on the box whatever HDMI port that I use, the box will correctly select the right HDMI input source on the TV for a split second then will automatically switch to another random HDMI input.

If I then select on the TV remote the correct HDMI source which the box is hooked up to then everything works fine.

When on the previous Firmware 7.5.3 the 1 touch function worked perfectly every time.

To be honest it's more of a frustration to me picking up the TV remote to re change the HDMl input source.

I could try a spare smart box or on a different Panasonic TV, but I can't be bothered at the moment (to lazy) Smiley Very Happy