cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE PROBLEMS

Hi

Ever since the latest software update to my smart nowtv box which was 17th Jan 2018 when i turn on my nowtv box it turns the tv on and on the correct hdmi input but it then seems to loose the signal and changes to a different hdmi input.

It does this on both my boxes, before the update i just pressed the home button on my nowtv remote it then turned on my nowtv box and the tv on the correct channel.

Anyone else had this problem please?

31 REPLIES 31
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps OK not as bad as I thought, sounded like it was constantly switching over but if it's just on startup I suppose you can put up with it till its sorted. Don't see any point in doing lots of testing, there's people paid to do that!

Thanks for detailed answer though, smart box can go back in cupboard now! 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy

Just to add i have two smart boxes in seperate rooms but i only ever have one on at a time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did a new software update appear last night but disappeared in a few minutes later. What is the latest software update build on now tv smart boxes.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like the newest firmware version 8.0.3 build 4181-16 update today, seems to have fixed my wrong HDMI source TV switching on my smart box Smiley Happy

Happy Days again Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The lastest update seems to have fixed everything and also the TVs guide is split into free air channels,entertainment,movies,sports,kids,radio channels.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

My smart box TV Guide still shows the previous style layout even on the latest firmware which is a Free to air tab, NowTV tab and Radio tab ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

HI @Anonymous User

Ignore the above, just literally had a second software update on my smart box and like you said the TV guide now shows Free to air, Entertainment, Movies, Sports, Kids and Radio channel tab options Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loving the new TV Guide layout. A big improvement and now less scrolling required.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having the same problem, along with the Pause, Rewind and Fast-Forward issue.  I get the feeling that NOWTV aren't bothered about either of them judging by the lack of response received by their paying customers..... 

Quite happy to take our money each month and then ignore us when they break the boxes we have paid for... nice

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have noticed on the Forum that the live pause feature on the latest Firmware release 7.7.3 is causing a few smart box owners problems.

My smart box seems to be functioning correctly when using live pause (only tested on BBC 1 SD, ITV 1 SD, BBC HD and ITV HD so far and need to test further).

I have sent a message to the forum community manager @Karl-F asking him if the NowTV Technical Team are investigating this issue with live pause.

Also @Karl-F  can the NowTV Tech Team  look at the wrong HDMi automatic input source selection on the smart box since Firmware 7.7.3 release ?