cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Guide LIVE - KIDS CHANNELS NOT LISTED

Just got the Smart box and updated software on it.

When I go to TV Guide, the NowTV live channels does NOT list any of the Kids package channels.   When is this bug going to be fixed?  It is very poor to receive the now Smart box and find out there is a glaring hole in the USP it is being marketed. i.e. integrates all channels in one integrated tv guide!!!

NowTV team - please respond.  Hopefully with a planned fix release date.

Thank You 

11 REPLIES 11
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it is not a bug. They have never been part of the list. Unfortunately you also cannot hide adult channels or select a favourite range from the lists. The kids section was supposed to be kid friendly. Hopefully in due course kids boxes will get launched with the kids app, kids you tube and other kids friendly apps. I don't however know of anything in the pipeline.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As @4268 has mentioned this isn't a bug.

The Kid's live channels are only available from within the NOW TV App in the Kid's section, this is so it's a safe area for your kid's and they can't accidentally switch to another live station that may have inappropriate content on.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy thanks for clarification.
Maybe a slicker solution would be a settings option checkbox to hide or display Kids channel's in TV Guide. Let users decide instead of you taking option of the table.

At end of the day, wouldn't take much effort either way for a savvy kid to leave Kids area and access TV Guide other channels anyway That's why I have payment pin and parental controls activated.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could we get the kids channels on the tv guide? I feel it would be so much more convenient to have every channel in the tv guide to see whats on, rather than going through to the kids app 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That was mentioned a few weeks back and the response from NOW TV was that the kids channels weren't listed in the TV Guide as they wanted to keep it separate and just within the kids section of the NOW TV app. See the response from @Anonymous User here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/NowTV-Guide-LIVE-KIDS-CHANNELS-NOT-LISTED/m-p/410607#M1969

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Oh ok thanks for your reply 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
That dosent make sense,,, the TV guide is only a link to now tv so if the kids was listed then the kids app would still be available..

I have cancelled kids and I'll subscribe once they add it to the TV guide and I'm sure there is others that would do the same.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's stupid, I won't subscribe to kids until it appears.... given CBeebies and citv is on the TV guide it's stupid to exspect kids to then leave the guide and enter the app just for nickelodeon and a handful of others....

I also agree it's bad you can't hide adult content as it's only just below citv and CBeebies

I would love them to put kids on the TV guide I don't buy the fact they want a safe area as all people will do is not subscribe to kids and just use the freeview

It would also be nice if the TV guide also included a link to sky sports news as well seeing as it's free with now tv. Just an idea

As for a safe area that's daft put In options to allow others to decide how to use their own box, as it stands your loosing subscribers to kids, given you've lost Disney jr you should be putting more effort in.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J can you add @Anonymous User post to ideas? I think it is a good idea. Mind you I also think a kids box would be good with kids pass only, kids YouTube and family friendly options from the cinema pass.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.