cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Judder and blurry sky sports

Hi. Can anyone advise me how to eliminate picture judder on skysports. My device is the new smart box and my tv is Samsung ue486400.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Disable/switch off your TV's 'default' post-processing features (if they are enabled), such as: Auto Motion Plus, Dynamic Contrast, Black Tone, Digital Clean View, MPEG Noise Filter, Sharpness, etc...

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Disable/switch off your TV's 'default' post-processing features (if they are enabled), such as: Auto Motion Plus, Dynamic Contrast, Black Tone, Digital Clean View, MPEG Noise Filter, Sharpness, etc...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Did what you advised certainly looks a lot better.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also had the same problems today using the smart box.

All of my settings are already turned off.

Now trying on chromecast to rule out th box.

This was my first experience of Sky Sports on Now TV.

All other live  streamed channels work fine.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I also had the same problems today using the smart box.

All of my settings are already turned off.

I use my 'smart' box and LG television to view F1 (when it's on). I've never had a problem with motion...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

So are you saying you have to dumb down your smart tv to watch football matches on nowtv to stop the blurry football when on normal tv or through a BT box its fine without any adjustments? Surely this can't be correct and if it is nowtv need to make adjustments to correct this failing. I won't be renewing if this continues.Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV only broadcasts at 25 frames per second. It needs to up its game to 50 fps like BT Sport. The judder is particularly bad for football as the ball moves quickly from one side to another and the panning causes that effect to occur. BT Sports looks amazing on my 55 inch TV even at only 1080, Now TV is simply awful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The lag and judder is absolutely awful, I watched 2 games in a row today and I am getting a headache... 🤯 Netflix, BT sport, PrimeTV etc, all work flawless!

Next time I am heading to the pub and get some pints for the buck 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issues. I have the older black box working fine with no judder, upgraded to a stick and there is the judder. Tried it on two TVs, one is new, one is 10 years old, same problem.