cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David-S
Scholar

Issues with True Christmas

Hello,

I have been using the Smartbox for over 3 months now and have found ity to be just fine, however, if I try to watch True Christmas I get a greyish screen stating no signal but get the sound.  The picture then comes and goes.  This is the only channel that this happens with.  Is this a tuning issue?

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BicBasher
Elite

Made in Liverpool along with True Christmas is on the Storeton transmitter on The Wirral.  This is a dual transmitter for English and Welsh versions of channels. 

The local multiplex is only 60W Horizontal, so at considerably lower power than the main channels. Also note that the English channels targeting Liverpool are vertical and those targeting NE Wales are Horizontal.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @David-S,

True Christmas is currently available via the 'LNG' multiplex, ie: your 'local' multiplex!

What is your local channel (which should be on ch7). Does it look okay?

Cheers

David-S
Scholar

Thanks for the reply. Local channel is Made in Liverpool and it does the same.  When tuning I get the option to tune in from Eng, Wales and Isle of Man.  

Maybe I just have to put up with it.

David

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@David-S wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Local channel is Made in Liverpool and it does the same.

This suggests there's a signal quality issue with regard to your 'local' multiplex. If your 'smart' box is directly connected to an outside aerial, either your aerial is out of alignment or it's an old 'grouped' (not wide-band) type aerial. Or if you're running a signal booster/splitter and old non insulated coaxial cable you might be getting signal/quality loss or even 4G interference.

Do you know how old your existing aerial installation is?

@David-S wrote:

When tuning I get the option to tune in from Eng, Wales and Isle of Man.

These channels are available via totally different multiplexes (to you 'local' multiplex), so are unrelated to your issue.

Cheers

David-S
Scholar

Thanks for the reply. 

I think it might be an older aerial as the last time it was fitted was perhaps 7 or 8 years ago.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @David-S,

Do you know which transmitter your aerial is pointing at?

BicBasher
Elite

Made in Liverpool along with True Christmas is on the Storeton transmitter on The Wirral.  This is a dual transmitter for English and Welsh versions of channels. 

The local multiplex is only 60W Horizontal, so at considerably lower power than the main channels. Also note that the English channels targeting Liverpool are vertical and those targeting NE Wales are Horizontal.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.