cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it not clear by now that Now TV is no longer fit for purpose?

"Unknown Page Error" ... 

It's been a while now, since I started reporting this error and it clear to me that, at this stage, Now TV is no longer fit for purpose.

There was supposed to be an update today, why it's taken this long is beyond me, but it's still crashing.

This is not a free service, so, what am I paying for?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm with you, the new firmware has ruined what was otherwise a good system. I suspect the new firmware was pushed purely so they could have adds on the screen saver. 

Hooba
Scholar 3

Things do appear to be pretty bad at the moment. There's the intermittent blue screen issue, plus the Unknown Page Error thing. What makes it worse is that these things appear to drag on for weeks before they are addressed. That's not really acceptable.

Meanwhile NowTv have dropped the Sports channels back to 25FPS if using a Youview NowTV app, even when customers have paid for Boost. No idea, or indication, when that'll get fixed.

Other niggles - Walking Dead S10 .... of 15 episodes in that season, only 3 are 1080P with 5.1 sound. It was ages ago that Fox went full HD through NowTv. And pretty much the only thing I watch on Fox is Walking Dead. But not in full HD and 5.1 sound it seems.

When Boost became available: I had to switch to using NowTV sticks to access Boost. That was pretty soul destroying - 5.1 audio would regularly disappear. It was only through these forums that I discovered what caused that to happen, and a work-around to fix it. Shoddy. I abandoned the sticks eventually, perhaps that's still an issue.

And don't get me started on the whole AppleTV beta trial debacle(s). .....

I jumped ship in February and now rely on BT to serve me up the NowTV content. So far, so good.