cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet connection zapped by Virgin

There was a loud "plax" as though the TV got hit by lightning. The screen went blank. Error message said to check internet connection. Virgin TV itself is playing okay and Freeview is working. But Now TV is not.

Internet connection is fine. My phones and laptops are all connecting and working fine. Router is okay. Called Virgin Media and their tests shows no Internet problem. But Now TV box is not connecting.

Does Virgin zapped Now TV - deliberately or accidentally?

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Since the latest nowtv firmware a few Virgin Media broadband customers have reported issues with their smart box,

Firstly I would try all the steps in this help article, where some Virgin broadband customers had some success setting a guest network on their router.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-steps-for-the-Roku-player

Edit ~ Not sure about the loud bang, which would concern me that the box may have developed a fault and needs replacing (just be careful) ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Since the latest nowtv firmware a few Virgin Media broadband customers have reported issues with their smart box,

Firstly I would try all the steps in this help article, where some Virgin broadband customers had some success setting a guest network on their router.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-steps-for-the-Roku-player

Edit ~ Not sure about the loud bang, which would concern me that the box may have developed a fault and needs replacing (just be careful) ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps,

That article is about ressting the Roku player. Can you recheck for the article that would instruct on how to set up a guest network on the Virgin router?

Checking now.

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Apart from step 4, all other steps should be applicable to the nowtv smart box (apart from the factory reset which is done in the smart box menu settings or hold the small reset button on the bottom of the box smart for about 20 secs).

How to create a Guest network is shown in step 3.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User as a Virgin customer myself. I personally have had no problems connecting my Now devices. I have had a few all without issue. You shouldn't need to set up a guest network.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.