cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet Connection

Right, I have just purchased a NowTv Smart Box. Everything was fine, the set up ran smoothly and I set up the account with no problems. I connected the box to my router with an ethernet cable.
We were watching a program thro catch up when the picture went off and a red banner popped up "Internet connection has been lost" no sooner had the red banner appeared when a green banner popped up with "Internet connection is back". We went back into the programme, found our place (it had chucked us back to the beginning of the programme) and continued to watch. Approximately 3 minuted later, the same thing happened and continued to do so for the duration of the programme - most annoying!! We've had no issues with our router and to our knowledge, the signal has been a constant one serving our phones, laptop, tablet and when we had it Sky On Demand. Its Virgin and we get speeds of around 50 Mbps. I've Googled the issue but can't seem to find anything. The most annoying thing is it dropping the signal for literally a split second (The red banner hardly has time to display before the green banner appears) but in doing so, it takes you out of whatever it is you are watching!!
I thought I would try a wireless connection, but this wouldn't even connect to the Local Network, it just failed and gave me a 014.50 error message.
Surely this is a faulty box, or does anyone else experience this and just "put up" with it 🤔
66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone with a Super Hub 3 Virgin router?

Get yourself a decent router and put the hub in the Modem mode.

No more connection issues for me !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem in hull on Kcom I have fibre and get over 250 mbs and it drops out . Tried on wired and wireless . My router is 30 cm away .
Very frustrating when watching live sport
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don’t have this issue watching on my iPhone
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

Right had no issues with Now Tv since installing with Virgin Media 6 months ago.

2 days ago I get the new Virgin Tivo Box and new Virgin Router and the problems described by you all have just started.

This is obviously a software upgrade problem as ive connected my old router and everything back to normal.

Ive had problems before with surround sound not working due to a Virgin upgrade and  I bet its down to this new firmware upgrade.

Last chance saloon for me with Virgin there updates are obviously not tested properly and they never roll them back when they get issues!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the exact same problem too, was paying for the movies entertainment and kids package but have now cancelled them because of this problem of it losing connection, the smart box is connected via Ethernet on a 100mbps connection. My kids both have the smaller now tv boxes in their rooms and have no connection issues via WiFi at the furthest points from the WiFi hub, have tried the smart now tv box threw WiFi but still no joy, have also contacted technical support and done all the resetting they’ve asked me to do and the box is still the same
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m just trying the guest network option
Anonymous User
Not applicable

constantly, I have Now TV in my bedroom no problems at all, but downstairs I cant watch a programme with out that banner popping up several times.

i have updated my tv, reset now tv, contacted nos tv, still happdning