cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet Connection

Hi everyone, I'm desperate for help please. I have had no internet now since Tuesday morning so I'm unable to watch Now TV.  I have contacted my internet provider (Virgin Media) and the automated message said that there was a problem in my area, that the engineers were working to get fixed. I was sent a link via text with instructions on checking/restarting my router, I followed the instructions, checking all leads/cables were secure, I've taken out and put back in all the leads/cables, switched things on and off etc. Taken plugs out of sockets and put them back in. I've done this for both my router and Now TV device. Earlier I looked online and followed the instructions to do a factory reset. My Now TV currently says I'm connected but I can't get a home page, NOTHING IS WORKING. To add further insult to injury a show I've been watching is due to expire any day now and I still have 3 and a half episodes to watch. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Greg.

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Your Now device can see the router, but can’t see through it to Virgin. Is it just the Now device that doesn’t work any more though, or is the whole of your Virgin connection still down?
If so, then as your problem is with Virgin, it is Virgin you need to contact to get this sorted.

Though if you are desperate to watch Now, set your phone or a 3/4/5G tablet up as a WiFi hotspot, and select that WiFi on your Now device.

Check your data plan first, though, to ensure this won’t be ruinously expensive.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for the reply. According to my best friend there is a broken cable that has affected the internet for many people in my area and it is due to be fixed by tomorrow. I really hope to see it fixed as Series 4 of Fargo is about to expire.

Kind Regards.