First Poster

Re: Internet Connection

This worked for me 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
sashassy
First Poster

30 minutes on the phone to Virgin and not sorted.  I did this and instant success including being able to connect via wifi.  Definitely a nowtv issue not Virgin!  I can now watch Greys Anatomy without pulling my hair out.  Thank you!

@Naomi-K wrote:

Hi all

try updating the smartbox

here's how: 

1. Check for updates

On your NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
  2. Select Update Software then press OK.

This needs to be done even if the version numbers are the same to make sure the software's updated and any faults in the current software are repaired.

These instructions can also be found athttp://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-011-NOW-TV-Box.

If this doesn't work, try unplugging the NOW TV box and wireless router for a few minutes the plug them back in starting with the wireless router. You'll need to set your NOW TV box back up and once you've done this, go back to the NOW TV app and try playing out again.

Shun65
First Poster

I did this and whilst initially it worked after about 30 minutes “Lost Connection”, so went down the wireless guest connection route which works but I don’t see why I should now, after many months without problem as wired connection, change to wireless, not the best connection, slows down WiFi speed in the household and there’s no problem with my set up but Now TV’s, therefore shouldn’t they resolve !?

0 Thanks
richaf
First Poster

just did all you said and it works THANKS, got no where with Nowtv just wasted 3 hours of my life chatting getting timed out on chat  then going through whole process again. The customer service should be embarrassed its abysmal, sent an email complaint but, obviously, no reply. Thanks again 

0 Thanks