cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Besty2006

Re: Internet Connection

Hi all,

Right had no issues with Now Tv since installing with Virgin Media 6 months ago.

2 days ago I get the new Virgin Tivo Box and new Virgin Router and the problems described by you all have just started.

This is obviously a software upgrade problem as ive connected my old router and everything back to normal.

Ive had problems before with surround sound not working due to a Virgin upgrade and  I bet its down to this new firmware upgrade.

Last chance saloon for me with Virgin there updates are obviously not tested properly and they never roll them back when they get issues!!

0 Thanks
Swalesclan1

Hi, I've just started having the same issues ref internet dropping off. Could you give me step by step guide how to set up guest wifi please? Do I do this on the now tv app as I've gone into settings and can't see how to do it.

Many thanks

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Swalesclan1 Welcome to the forum. You set the guest network up on your Hub and then connect the NOW TV box to the guest network instead of the normal wifi network. See here for details

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Swalesclan1

I am not a Virgin broadband customer myself, but try this help guide below from Virgin on how to set up a guest network on their hub routers.

If you click on the picture of which version hub router you own, then a help instruction guide should pop up on screen.

You need to setup the guest network on your Virgin Router and once you have set it up, you need to go into the nowtv box menu settings under network > set up connection > wireless > then select the new guest network you have added and enter the password you provided when setting up the guest network option on your router.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

Darrencasey
Advocate

Having the exact same problem too, was paying for the movies entertainment and kids package but have now cancelled them because of this problem of it losing connection, the smart box is connected via Ethernet on a 100mbps connection. My kids both have the smaller now tv boxes in their rooms and have no connection issues via WiFi at the furthest points from the WiFi hub, have tried the smart now tv box threw WiFi but still no joy, have also contacted technical support and done all the resetting they’ve asked me to do and the box is still the same
0 Thanks
Darrencasey
Advocate

I’m just trying the guest network option
0 Thanks
Highlighted
spn0923
Mentor

Totally agree.  I have spent hours on phone to virginmedia.  I am in hotel with a now tv box.  Internet access is fine.  I have had regular virginmedia tv go / anywhere access losses.  Virginmedia failed totally to resolve my access problems but oddly after leaving it for a couple of days I can now access virgin tv go on both my laptop and mobile.  I dont know what I did to nudge the device registration process back in to action.  As an IT consultant I am pretty sure this is linked to account registration.  Bizarely I have just tested swapping my laptop connection to the nowtv router to ethernet rather than wifi and ethernet fails so I have successfully reverted to wireless connection through same nowtv router.  I have had endless hours of Virginmedia logging in to my laptop remotely to resolve this.  If anyone has ideas I would like to hear them.  I have already switched off all nowtv router security controls and rely on zonealarm firewall and avg antivirus.  Virginmedia TVGO has just crashed again whilst writing this post on a different laptop proving my internet access isnt the problem.  Useless service and useless support team.

0 Thanks
Debbie25
Advocate

Can you help with how I set up a guest wireless network on my virgin media internet as this losing connection is insane for us too! 

Tried a new box and had the internet checked and new wireless router and still happens. 

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Debbie25 Welcome to the forum. To setup a guest network follow the steps here, although I can't guarantee it will solve the issue in this thread

0 Thanks
Matty-B
Scholar

Don't worry, it isn't you. The Now app streaming on the roku right now is awful on mine too. Initially had the Lost Connie tion message come up (only relating to Now TV itself)  and since then this morning I've only been able to connect under the poorest of SD streams. So bad I cannot even read the ticker writing at the bottom of Sky Sports News. Used Now Tv for years and they have been a lot better the last 18 months or so probably just a hiccup. 

0 Thanks