Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MikeBrooks
Advocate

Re: Internet Connection

Hi MikeyBee,

I believe I've resolved the problem, using the various ideas in a few posts above. Unplug the ethernet cable from the "smart"box (otherwise it uses that as the default connection every time it turns on). Go to Advanced Settings and reset all network connections. Then connect to the wifi guest account you've set up on your virgin router.

Should now be fine. I did a factory reset, but that didn't seem to help (beyond allowing me to connect my "smart"box via wifi, whcih it wouldn't do before).

Hope that's useful. 

Pookiewoo
Advocate

Just wanted to add that I am also having the same issue with the signal dropping out. I am also on Virgin Media. However, I am using the Now TV app via the PS4....

Am going to try the guest account WiFi connection as suggested by others, but wanted to give a heads up in case other app users are also having trouble 😡

0 Thanks
EssexLad81

Hi Everyone

I have managed to fix the issue and connect with ethernet again without issue... What you need to do is

Enter background menu by pressing following keys.

Home x 5
Fast Forward x 1
Play x 1
Rewind x 1
Play x 1
Fast Forward x 1

Select system operating menu

Then

Disable Pings

Then

Reconnect Pings

Then back arrow to exit this menu and back to home screen, reconnect ethernet cable, wait a few seconds any reset wired connection in the settings menu and it should work fine, did mine last night and watched a program with no issues.

Hope this helps
Jcc08
Advocate

Hi, this isn't just a problem with Virgin.  We have BT and this has just started to happen with our now TV box.  Very frustrating !

0 Thanks
Jcc08
Advocate

Fingers crossed.  This seems to have worked.

0 Thanks
Samxool
Scholar

Just throwing my hat in the ring to say I'm also having the same issues. Used my now tv smart box for over a year, then a few weeks ago, I suddenly started experiencing the Internet drop out as described previously (with virgin Internet over ethernet). Assumed the smart box was faulty, so threw it away and ordered a new one. Lol and behold, exactly the same issue. Everything else connected via ethernet is fine. Tried a different ethernet cable, no change. Therefore the fault is definitely with now tv smart box.
I also couldn't connect via WiFi, so had to go into secret menu and disable Internet pings. Also had to unplug ethernet cable, as everytime I boot up smart box, it defaults back to ethernet connection and then I get the drop out again. Hoping for software fix soon from now tv!
0 Thanks
gary21
Advocate

internet connection keeps dropping in and out.red banner saysconnection lost and within seconds it says connection back .then have to try and get programe only for the same problem to keep happening.have tried all their fixes but still the same.been going on for thee weeks now.think i will cancel subscription unless a miracle happens in next few days.i read that disney are buying sky ,looks like they enjoy mickey mouse outfits

0 Thanks
Treacy14
Advocate

I have gone back to using my old now tv box ( the small one) and it seems to be working fine. I also have VM broadband. There is clearly a problem with the Now smart boxes. Might be a solution  for some.

0 Thanks
Tapcat
Mentor

Every just seen this item sounds like I would have to become a guest on my own wifi
0 Thanks
Shuggs
Advocate

We’ve had exactly had what you described to a tee, I think it’s virgin as have no issues watching nowtv through an Xbox one. This is my second box as first one kept rebooting itself. It’s go one more chance before it goes back as very irritating.
0 Thanks