cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITVX app

It look like all Now streaming  devices are compatible to the new ITVX app which is replacing itv hub this autumn with extra content up to 10000 hours of free content instead of 4000 on itv hub.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When opening the itv hub app has anyone received a pop up message on there now streaming devices saying update required then below that it say please update your itv channel to the latest version. The app was updated on the 12th October 2022. I have an now smart box with Freeview.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
redchiz1
Champion 2

Wow, who knew?  😋

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When opening the itv hub app has anyone received a pop up message on there now streaming devices saying update required then below that it say please update your itv channel to the latest version. The app was updated on the 12th October 2022. I have an now smart box with Freeview.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This will be ITVs last update before the launch of the service sometime next month. 
Do a quick Google search for the update and it’ll explain why it was carried out and why it’s required.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I take it this is last update before the launch of itvx app so it’s nothing worry about. I can not find the Google search for the update so I can see what is carried out and why it’s required. At the moment I am able to watch something on itv hub as I am catching up on emmerdale from Sunday 16th October 2022 episode.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This should point you in the direction to what was being updated. Some devices took longer to receive the update though. 
https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/itv-hub-stop-working-some-freeview-devices/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
huxley123
Scholar 2

Last night my ITV hub app changed to ITVX.

I didn't have to do anything, it even kept me logged in.

Looks a bit different and can save favourites. Also looked like some content wasn't fully copied over. e.g. Midsomer Murders didn't have an episode list to pick from, just a button to start at S01E01

I'm wondering if this is the full ITVX, or some sort of temporary changeover.

mirrat25
Mentor

Thought it was just me. Was watching an episode last night using app on tv. Tried to find it tonight on NOW ITVX app but can only go to S1 Ep1 😫 So annoying. Nowhere to cho

ose an episode or series. Hope it gets sorted.

huxley123
Scholar 2

So far, I've found the same problem on 3 shows - Midsomer Murders, Endeavour, and Cold Feet.

Got nowhere with ITV help, they just kept asking more questions about my system, and won't pass the query to technical. ITV help imply that it's a problem with NOW TV but it's so obviously a programming problem with the ITV app which is only happening on certain platforms.

Someone has posted a screenshot on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/KMacca33/status/1593396573777674241/photo/1

redchiz1
Champion 2

Regardless of whatever device the issue may, or may not manifest itself, the responsibility lies with ITV. It is their app, they cannot palm it off to the platform provider. Are you experiencing the same problem on other devices?