cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to reconnect every time the TV goes into standby

Hi all

Ive switched over from Sky to NOW TV (although I believe they are owned by Sky) and I dont mind it.  There are a couple of things I miss about Sky - being able to record, being able to see a full TV guide (not just now and next) and also not having to reconnect to the broadband every time my TV goes into standby mode.

Im finding this increasingy frustrating (as are my kids) and just wondered if there was any way that this could be changed?  Ive checked the forums and Googled it, but cant seem to find anything to fix it.

I would be grateful if anyone can help, but I have a feeling its not fixable 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to say they sent me a new box and its now working -thanks for all of your answers 🙂

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  you should not have to reset the broadband each time you switch on the box let alone when it goes into standby.  Mine is turned off at switch when not in use.   Are you using the Now Combo package or is your internet via a different company.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah thanks for responding - Ive got the NOW combo package.  I can get the freeview channels, but have to login to get the NOW TV channels and access to the apps.  Its driving me bonkers as it takes ages to wake up again!

Legend 5
Legend 5

Sounds like it has got into a glitch to me @Anonymous User  try a hard reset on the box (press the button under the box for 30 secs)  You will have to reconnect that time and log into Now but hopefully then it will remember the details.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah thank you - I will try that!!  how lovely you are here to help!! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah just tried it - it remembers my details but I have to physically go back into settings, and connect to the broadband.  😞

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yes I know it does that when you reset. You should only have to readd them the once. I thought your issue was it forgetting internet? Resetting helps to stop box from being in a loop. Sorry should have been more clear you would need to reset both.
Is it remembering your WiFi details after going into standby now?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it is - so thanks for that bit.  

What a shame about having to reset each time!  I find that a tad annoying!  Thanks for all your help though - much appreciated x

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to say they sent me a new box and its now working -thanks for all of your answers 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this exact problem? So how do I contact nowtv to order a new box? 

the chat bot seems to be designed to direct you to a forum which is no help other than to ask how to contact now tv (as I am doing right now!?)