cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I prevent Smartbox going into standby mode

How do I prevent my Smartbox going into standby mode overnight? I will be away from home for the weekend and I want to record a programme while I’m away. My Smartbox is connected to my DVD recorder via an HDMI to SCART convertor (the recorder does not have an HDMI input).  Any ideas gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. It's not designed to stay on all the time, I'm not sure you'll be able to persuade it to stay on. It drops into an eco mode once it realises there's no TV switched on, and whilst there is power settings on Settings > System > Power > Auto power settings to disabled, this is designed for when watching on TV rather than TV off. I've a feeling it will still drop down into standby overnight anyway. You could try disconnecting from TV completely but if you're chaining through to a DVD recorder and finds it still drops into standby then I've a feeling it won't make any difference.

Take it you want to record something that isn't available on catch-up when you get back? Also assuming you are recording freeview transmissions, as trying to record a NOW TV stream is against the terms of service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy.

I suspected it might not be possible.