cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help: No TV signal

Our Smart TV Box was working perfectly, but last week suddenly our TV said No signal. We have NOW TV channels, but we don't have Freeview channels anymore. I've already tried:

- Checking the aeral cable moving it and trying new positions.

- Resetting the box.

- Setting up channels again (it didn't find anything).

- Asking the neighbors about the areal (they do have tv).

Any idea what is happening?

Thanks in advance. 

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you getting the Freeview channels when you plug the TV aerial directly into your television inbuilt TV tuner ?

When you say you have reset box, was that a factory reset in the box menu settings where you had to re enter all your account details on the box again ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello @schnapps

No I haven't tried that. 

Yes, I did it from the menu settings and I had to insert again the account details. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I would double check that your TV aerial works with your inbuilt television tuner, then if you are receiving the TV channels directly on your TV you can then take the aerial out of the fault equation and this exercise will definitely point the problem towards the NowTV smart box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will try that today, thank you very much.

In case the Smart TV Box is the problem, is there any chance to return it and get a new one? How would I do it?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If the smart box is still within the 12 month warranty period, you would need to take it back to the Retailer that you bought the box from.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I would also try a forced software update on the box by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed quickly by pressing the FF button 3 times, then quickly followed by pressing the RW button 2 times on the remote controller.

If you have done the above successfully, it should open a secret screen menu where you should see an option to update the software, if no luck keep trying where you need to be quick pressing the buttons on the remote in the correct order.

After a forced update, try re scanning your TV channels again on the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again @schnapps

I've tried connecting the areal cable to the tv and it doesn't find any channels either. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If there is no Freeview channels picked up on either your NowTV Smart box or the inbuilt TV tuner on your television set after plugging the TV aerial into both devices and after you have re scanned the channels.

Then this would point towards an issue with your incoming TV signal.

Use this link page below to check if there is any maintenance work or current issues in your regional area off the local TV main transmitters or relays.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works 

If there is no reported TV signal reception issues in your area, have you got a friend or family member living close to you with a TV aerial, just to test the smart box is receiving Freeview TV channels from somebody elses TV aerial ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Forgot to mention if you are using an external roof aerial, check that it is still fixed to your building and is pointing in a similar direction to all the other roof TV aerials in your street.

Maybe, ask a neighbour who has a TV roof aerial if they are currently encountering any difficulties with their Freeview TV reception on their television set. 

Edit - Ignore my last above paragraph where i can see you have already asked this question to your neighbour.