cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone managed to re register for Sky Sports Box Office?

I got an email from Sky Sports Box Office, telling me I needed to re register.   So I pressed the "re register" button included in the email, but it just takes me to a screen where I can purchase the latest boxing match?   There's an option to sign in, but not to re register?     

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if anything in this link below helps.

If having trouble to re register with Sky Sports Box Office, then maybe try a different internet browser.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Sky-Sports-Box-Office-question/m-p/506024

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for your reply - I tried a different browser but got the same results.  I'm still wondering if Sky mean you need to start from scratch and set up a new account?    The term "re register" is misleading if they mean "set up a new account." 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Reading the FAQ on the Sky Box Office link my understanding is you need to setup a new account if you previously registered with Sky Box Office before the 5th of August 2019.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We started again from scratch but now it’s saying there’s no internet connection even though everything else is working fine. Anyone else solved this problem? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like you may need to update the Sky Sports Box Office App according to the screen shot taken from the NowTV service help centre on their website.

Have a read of this screen shot below on how to fix it.

Screenshot_2019-08-31-20-13-02.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar problem, I downloaded then Box Office app but it says there is no internet connection, my connection is excellent.

it says to update the app via the channel store, can anyone advise what that is please?

thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly check if you have the latest software version of the Sky Sports Box Office App which i believe is version 2.37 build 1.

You can check this by going into the NowTV Box or Stick under My Apps and highlight the Sky Box Office App and then click on the star * button on your NowTV remote controller.

If it is not showing version 2.37 build 1, then go to the App Store on your NowTV box or stick and highlight the Sky Sports Box Office App and press the OK button on the remote, then hopefully there will be an option to update the App or launch it.

I haven't paid for the event so unfortunately i won't be able to test it out to see if the above works at my end.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. It’s version 1.6 but it’s not giving me the option of updating unfortunately. 

Ive removed the app and added it again but it’s still the same.

totally stumped which is annoying

😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That's strange the only other thing i can think of is to try a forced software update on your NowTV box or stick by following step 6 on this link, then after a forced software update try going back into the My Apps & Apps Store to see if there is an option to update the Sky Sports Box Office App to version 2.37 build 1.?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick