cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hardware trial ... no info

I have today revieved a my hardware.

As I didn't order one and it is of a type not shown on the website i can only assume that I am part of a hardware trial.

However, I have been sent no instructions or info on the trial. I did a live chat with customer services who weren't really of any help.

Admins please get in touch if you can shed some light on this.

To everyone else ...... please don't ask any questions about the trial as you know i cannot answer them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You usually get an acceptance email so I would also check your junk/spam folders and also drop the trial manager an email on the address mentioned just to check they have the correct email address for you to send tasks to moving forward. As mentioned any questions also send them there in the first instance although if you get no replies or contact you can always send a PM to the community manager @Karl-F on here (link to PM on his profile) and he can help you out. 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I suggest that the trials team get EMs out to people ASAP? My box has arrived completely unannounced today. I almost rejected it from DHL. No covering letter enclosed either. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't recall anything about an NDA.  I haven't had any emails about the trial either.  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you applied online months ago for the trials invite, there was a section about the T&C's and NDA that you had to accept before your trials application was forwarded onto NowTV to be considered for participation for any of their trials.

I do agree with everybody on here, that the NowTV Trials Team should have informed all successful trials applicants by email that a new nowtv hardware device is being shipped to your address with an estimated date for delivery.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too got a new now tv box yesterday. I do remember signing up for something awhile ago tho. But I did forgot all about it. Till yesterday when the new box showed up. Like the others, I want more info. I also never got an email about this new box being sent to me. It was a rather cool surprise tho.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same situation here, please get some emails out to tell us all about it, unless they have been sent out in error? No response from the trials team
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know. 

I'll pass this feedback on to our trials team to make sure they are aware. 

The team are probably sending out the hardware ready for the trial but I agree, an email to let you all know that the trial will be starting soon would have been nice. 

As I say I'll pass this feedback on and see if I can get any more info. 

As mentioned by Schnapps if you are on the trial you would have accepted the terms and conditions which include the NDA, mentioning this trial would mean you may be in breach of this NDA. Just something to keep in mind before any further posts. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

re the posts made by @Karl-F & @schnapps

These are the most important bits from the two posts:

"When you applied online months ago for the trials invite, there was a section about the T&C's and NDA that you had to accept before your trials application was forwarded onto NowTV to be considered for participation for any of their trials."

"if you are on the trial you would have accepted the terms and conditions which include the NDA, mentioning this trial would mean you may be in breach of this NDA."

These rules apply to trialists on any platform. Of course receiving boxes without prior knowledge shouldn't affect your right to remain on the trials as you couldn't be blamed for something you weren't aware of at the time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've recieved two of the same trial "objects"? What do I do? Obviously I need to return 1 of them, I don't know what's happened?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you've received emails from the trials team reply to one of those direct, or if you've not received any emails I'd suggest emailing trialsmanager 'at' nowtv.com

If you don't hear anything back after a few days drop @Karl-F a PM on here and he can forward the message on.

pirate0184
Scholar

Hi i am on this current trial,but dont have access the trial forum.I am signed in but only an old trial thread that i took part in show's up.