cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HELP! BT TV

@ links to members

Hi all, new here and trying to find my way around. We joined BT TV and have NOW TV as part of their package. Long story short, BT TV have turned out to be rubbish and we want to leave but want to keep NOW TV. Do we have to order a Smart Box if so how? Can't see an option to do this anywhere! Our TV isn't up to date enough to have a stick instead. Do we have to close our NOW TV account through BT and open up a new account? Very confused!! Help needed please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just to follow up from the sound advice by @schnapps  NOW no longer produce the “Smart Box” up until late last year they were selling a Smart stick on the website. However stock has been extremely limited and regularly out of it.

If you are able to spend roughly £40-£50 as a recommendation I would strongly suggest to purchase an Amazon fire stick if you choose not to stick with using the BT YouView box based on the information given by @schnapps . The Amazon fire stick has a vast array of apps and has proven to be a hit with running the app NOW smoothly, in fact more smoothly than NOW branded devices.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In my case, when BT did the hard sell of their latest package, which automatically includes Now Entertainment (which I don't want), they did NOT tell me that they would be cancelling my subscription to NOW sports, which still had four months to run until renewal. So when I went to log on, I got a message saying that my membership was no longer valid. I tried contacting now but was told that I had to take issue with BT. BT are such a bad company to deal with. I am considering taking my internet/phone/TV/email business elsewhere. This is the last straw.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Indeed if your billing is with BT for NOW then you have to go to BT to get anything resolved. 

Speaking of TV packages I understand that BT don’t sell their historic packages anymore and the entertainment membership of NOW is standard base package 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You have a communication failure with BT.

They should have asked you, when you took the Now Entertainment package, whether you had any existing Now memberships, and ported them over for you.

You should go back to BT and point this out.

I’m not sure what your financial loss is here; If you paid up front for a Now Sports deal, then presumably this was at less than £33/month, but BT should put you back where you were, with four months to go and nothing more to pay.

Or maybe you are paying month to month, at less than £33? In which case, BT should honour that arrangement, at that price, for the next four months.

Basically, when you get Now from BT, you are foregoing the chance to get a cheaper retention offer from Now directly, in exchange for being able to watch Now on the BT channels that match your membership, as if they were actually TV channels, and being able to record them also.

I hope you have figured out if this is the deal you really want.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.