cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDMI issues with new Smart Box

Hi all, new user and first post here - I've done some googling and can't find this issue posted anywhere else.

I got a new Now TV Smart box last week and when I hooked it up to the TV I got no output - no sound, no picture. The box is powered up and pressing the remote causes the LED to flicker so it seems like the box itself works.

I tried it in various HDMI ports in the TV and with other HDMI cables which work with other devices, no joy. Contacted NowTV and they sent me out a replacement box.

I've just had the exact same experience with the replacement box, so I'm thinking the issue is something to do with the TV setup.

Its a Toshiba Regza which I have had for 8-10 years, but I've never had any issues with it. One fairly odd side effect is that when the NowTV box is connected to (e.g.) HMDI 2 and my Sky box is plugged into HDMI 3 I either get no signal on any of the HDMI channels, or Sky on all of them. This doesn't happen when I have a Chromecast or Playstation plugged in rather than the NowTV.

I don't have another TV to test the NowTV box on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Another forum member on here had the same problem with the smart box and a Toshiba Regza older TV.

The only way to get the smart box to work was unfortunately connect it to another TV set to allow the smart box to complete a software update.

I know you mentioned your haven't got a second TV, but could you take the smart box to a friend of family members house just to allow the box undertake a software update (don't need to connect the smart box to TV aerial, just need a TV with HDMI port and the internet).

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a toshiba regza tv from 2008, i have just bought the now tv smart box but nothing comes up when i plug it in?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds like you are encountering the same problem identical to this forum member who also owns a Toshiba Regza TV and NowTV smart box.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/HDMI-issues-with-new-Smart-Box/m-p/439364#M3822

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nice one thanks alot.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I still can't get mine to work properly on my Toshiba. I've updated the box using another tv and it did then work on my Toshiba but when I change the Source and try to go back to NowTV all I get is the blue screen again. ARGH! Pulling my hair out. So frustrating.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Try connecting the box back up to your other TV, then go to Settings > Display Type > 720p HD TV and confirm this, then reconnect the box back up to your Toshiba and see if it behaves this time.