cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDMI Switcher - NOW TV Remote Control Switching HDMI Port!

Hi,

Hoping someone has either an idea of how I can solve my problem or can give me some good technical sounding blub so I can go back to the switcher manufacturer to ask for a refund...

Basically, my now tv remote randomly switches the HDMI channel on my switcher. There doesnt seem to be a rhyme or reason behind it (it isnt one particualr button and doesnt always do it). Sometimes it just switches the port back to 1 when I am cycling through a menu or pressing fast forward etc etc. Quite annoying!

Brought the switcher off ebay. Never had this issue before though (not my first cheapish switch off ebay) and also no other item has a problem - Fire TV Stick, DVD player, PS4 etc. Its as though the signal briefly goes and the switch thinks its not connected.

Thanks everyone...

Ross

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not sure if this has any relevance with regards to your HDMI switcher, but what happens if you disable the 1 touch play feature on the nowtv smart box.

You should find this feature under settings > systems > control other devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion, I will check that out later.
I'm guessing that is a frequent area that people have issues?
RegardsRoss
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion, I will check that out later.
I'm guessing that is a frequent area that people have issues?
RegardsRoss

What @schnapps said should work. Not very common to be honest @Anonymous User and it's definitely a weird one. It's called CeC (or something like that lol) and its supposed to be a handy feature but sometimes does interfere with other devices. My nVidia Shield sometimes has a mind of it's own becasue of this. As soon as any kind of HDMI signal is detected the CEC comes in to play. Basically, as soon as you turn your TV on it turns the device that is connected to the port on. If turning that off doesn't do anything then we'll have to think outside the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No joy unfortunately...it didn't have any effect.

I've asked the seller of the switch to refund me. The Now TV box is the only bit of kit with a problem so maybe I will have to plug it in directly.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me that your model HDMI external switcher doesn't play nicely with the nowtv box.

If your TV has more than 2 HDMI ports, then yeah plug the nowtv box directly into your TV and try your current device using the second HDMI port on your TV into your external switcher hub.

I have a HDMI 3 port switcher hub inbuilt into my soundbase and never had any issue myself with the nowtv box. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the idea. It didnt work unfortunately.

I blame cheap tech from China...

Cheers

Ross