cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDMI Splitter Now TV Issue

Hi guys,

So I have had my Now TV smart box installed for 2 weeks now and all is fine with that by itself. Today however I bought and plugged in a HDMI manual splitter cable so I could easily switch between my PC and Now TV which now have to use the same HDMI slot. All seems to work fine but after a few and I can be watching Now TV and the. Switch to the next channel to my PC. After a few minutes though my NOW TV box goes into deep sleep and this switched the signal from my PC off to and I lose video from that and cant get it to turn back on with out waking up the Now TV box.

Any Ideas how to stop this from happening or stop the now TV box going into deep sleep?
2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not sure there is anything you can do about the smart box going into a deep sleep mode after about 2 to 3 minutes of loss of HDMI signal on the box.

It would be much welcome if NowTV would offer customers an adjustable time or disable option in the box settings to avoid going into it's eco hibernation sleep mode.

More discussions here on this thread about the smart box eco sleep mode.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Standby-mode-when-change-to-main-TV/m-p/431983#M3550

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:
Hi guys,

So I have had my Now TV smart box installed for 2 weeks now and all is fine with that by itself. Today however I bought and plugged in a HDMI manual splitter cable so I could easily switch between my PC and Now TV which now have to use the same HDMI slot. All seems to work fine but after a few and I can be watching Now TV and the. Switch to the next channel to my PC. After a few minutes though my NOW TV box goes into deep sleep and this switched the signal from my PC off to and I lose video from that and cant get it to turn back on with out waking up the Now TV box.

Any Ideas how to stop this from happening or stop the now TV box going into deep sleep?

Are you sure you have bought a splitter because they are different from a switcher ? A HDMI splitter allows you to use two or more HDMI outputs to one HDMI input simulataneously. A HDMI switcher allows you to have multiple inputs to one output usually switching either by a manual button or small remote. 

If it is a switcher the quality of them varies and its difficult to find a decent one without trial and costly error.