cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD channels problem

Hi

Have been using the Smart tv box for a few days now- have been using Now Tv for years so pretty familiar with the screens- however have found that it works best on 720p for my 32 inch Toshiba, but thats an aside, my query is how delicate is the built in tuner as I have found that some HD channels- Al Jaz, Bbc news etc are seriously pixelating channels bbc1 to channel 5 are fine- now i have a Humax PVR/freeview box with no problems on those channels - It has been a tad windy so that can cause problems I know but only with the Smart Box as I tested against the Humax under the same conditions- the best example i can give is when On digital started all those years ago just strange that it is affecting some channels but I suppose they may be on a different stream- any ideas- I suppose i could up grade the aerial but seems a bit unnecessary as the Humax is fine.

Thanks

Richard

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You would need still use a separate HDMI cable connection from both the Humax PVR and NowTV Smart box into your HDMI ports on your television set.

If your Humax PVR has the aerial in & out sockets, connect the main incoming TV aerial into the Humax PVR input aerial socket and then run a coaxial TV cable from the Humax aerial out socket to the NowTV smart box.

Also double check if there is an option in the Humax menu settings to switch on RF aerial out (some boxes have the option to switch on the feature, where other boxes are already powered on with no adjustment necessary).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep thats what I thought to keep the dedicated input from the boxes in place - must admit never seen the option for RF loop in either of the boxes setting options, howver having said that haven't looked for it before lol- oh well as PVR is accessible will have a squint over the weekend and see whats on offer on the reverse

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to mention if there is a RF aerial out on the Humax box and after you have altered the TV aerial wiring, check the Freeview channels on the NowTV smart box for any improvement.

If nothing has changed try re scanning the TV channels once again on the NowTV Smart box (You shouldn't have to re scan the TV channels on the Humax PVR).