cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD channels on entertainment

Why are there no hd channels on the entertainment package, like fox HD for example?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User because we're paying a far reduced price.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User because we're paying a far reduced price.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Even though there is no HD logo next to the Fox Channel, depending on your device and internet speed the maximum quality will be HD 720p.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Actually, most of the entertainment live channels are 720p HD and have been for a while. The channels aren't marked as HD because NowTV uses variable bit rate, which means depending on an individual's Internet connection. It's quite possible they may not get HD. Currently the only entertainment pass channel, which is questionable in terms of being HD is discovery.

If you're using a games console (PlayStation three, PlayStation four, Xbox one) or smart TV (LG 2013+ or Samsung 2015+) , the NowTV app will actually tell you what the current video bitrate of the video screen you are watching is. If the channel you are watching is being streamed at 720p, then you should see 4865 on the top right of the screen. If you bring up the playback/information interface. Unfortunately Roku/NowTV hardware does not show you the stream quality information, but the maximum stream quality is 720p HD on these devices as well.

EDIT

also see @schnapps's @4268s posts 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll check out the app to see what rate I'm getting