cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD channels flicker at bottom of TV screen

Hi we have the new smart box and I've noticed that on the freeview HD channels it flickers at the bottom of the screen . Doesn't do it on any other channels only the HD ones . Any ideas why?

40 REPLIES 40
herojan
Expert

I must apologise, I must be losing my faculties in my old age.

I checked my TV and it is set to Just Scan and I have no flicker on freeview, so I am talking rubbish.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I see the desktop version of this site is better for adding links and files.

IMG_3534.JPG

Video of flashing lines

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Those links aren't working 😞 and on your other post it is just a picture of the back of your TV.

Would you be able to check those links or upload a short video so we can get this looked at.

Can you also just confirm the make of your TV 🙂

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User
The video is linked by the text 'Video of flashing lines', tap or click on it. My tv is a Panasonic and the photo picture is the model details. I hope these help.

Regards
Richard
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, my issue is the same as the posted video.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue with 2 smart boxes. I've tried it on 2 different Sony TV'show, one running a Bravia3 engine and another a Brava 2. Same fault occurs on both in HD. Tried different HD cables, no issues on the TV's using their own built in free view tuner.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh and it only happens on full frame pictures, not when the black banners are there in anamorphic.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I Recently purchased a new sony bravia XD80 T.V and connected my now tv smart box via hdmi. I noticed a break in the image at the very bottom of the tv display, best described as a thin jumpy white line. This only occurs on Hd channels and when the box display is set at 1080p.

To note i tried a direct aerial connection to my t.v with no evidence of this break in screen. It seems to occur when connected via the now tv box and a 1080p display setting. The 720p setting is fine, however i would like to obtain the best viewing setting for my t.v. Any advice would be appreciated.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I Recently purchased a new sony bravia XD80 T.V and connected my now tv smart box via hdmi....

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the exact model number of your television?

Cheers