cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD channels flicker at bottom of TV screen

Hi we have the new smart box and I've noticed that on the freeview HD channels it flickers at the bottom of the screen . Doesn't do it on any other channels only the HD ones . Any ideas why?

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the Smart Box.

Would you be able to try resetting it via the button on the base of the box?

Thanks,

Rob

NOW TV Team

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest... What's the make and model number of your television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rob

Thanks for the reply. The box is switched off at least once a day, however I've push to reset button and can still see as I'm watching BBC 1 HD flashing jumping up lines at the bottom of the screen. Firmware is also up to date according to the system update screen.

Regards
Richard
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi SeeMoreDigital

The TV is a Panasonic TX-L32E3B

Regards
Richard

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem too, not had it with previous box or any other device connected to to.

Obviously it is the box and not everyone else's other different various equipment.

I've tried different hdmi cables and nothing is working, the only way I'm able to resolve this my self is changing the display output to 720p. This of course is not ideal.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah same problem here. HD channel's have a white flicker at the bottom of the screen.
I've always had my LG TV set to Just Scan, which shows all of the picture.
When I first got the Smart Box on release, I don't think I had the problem?
I can set my TV to 16.9 which zooms the picture in a little which of course 'solves' the problem.
herojan
Expert

I've done the same for my LG TV, changed from Just Scan to 16:9 so it overscans slightly to remove the issue. I just put it down the freeview HD signal asit had a problem before the smart box.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't believe this is a freeview issue. The TV's own HD freeview receiver doesn't have this problem. My main viewing is on another TV with a Humax YouView box and this doesn't have this issue either. Both TV's have over scanning set to off as I like to view HD content in true 1080 lines. I'm confident this issue is the result of a recent firmware update and wasn't there before it. We really shouldn't have to set our TV's to over scan or the box to 720p to work around an issue.
herojan
Expert

what i really meant to say was that I put it down the the way the freeview hardware in the box is processing the issue.

I'm not so sure this is a recent issue, as (IIRC) I did quite a while ago (just after the trial ended, or very near the end of it).

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about this issue.

Would it be possible to upload a picture/short video of the issue so we can get this looked into further.

Would you also be able to let us know the make and model of the TV that your box is connected to.

Thanks

Andy