cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD channels flicker at bottom of TV screen

Hi we have the new smart box and I've noticed that on the freeview HD channels it flickers at the bottom of the screen . Doesn't do it on any other channels only the HD ones . Any ideas why?

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Iv already reported this and there has been no fix so far, def an issue with these now tv boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User I've used smart box for several months and not had this problem despite using internal aerial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I already started a thread on this and others had the same issue, no point in saying its not a problem, it is, i have 3 now tv boxes, only the smart tv box causes the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I've just checked smart box on BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Ch4 & Ch5 HD channels and I'm personally not getting this problem using my indoor aerial.

Only smart box has Freeview tuner so other NowTV boxes obviously not affected.

I'm not saying that you don't have this problem only that my box works fine and is an original trial box so in use for a long time.

I'd imagine that HD channels are more likely to be affected by signal strength.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If I remember correctly this is not limited to ch 1-5 and HD, its numurous channels, as confirmed in my previous thread someone who had the trial box also had the same issue. Its a problem and various people have it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I don't doubt that you are getting this problem on your Smart Box.  However I have checked all the Freeview HD channels on my Smart Box and I am getting a perfectly stable picture, with no flicker at the bottom of the screen.  The serial number of my Smart Box is 568659459935.

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am sure you are not getting this problem but that doesnt really matter, there are numorous people who do have this issue, me being one and obviously would like it resolved.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, but how do you know the problem is due to something wrong with the Smart Box?   Yes, it might be ... but it could equally well be a feature of your television set, or the interface to it, or something about the incoming  digital TV signal.  There are a variety of possible explanations.

Good luck!

Wlat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have this problem and it's on multiple channels not just HD. I got one of these boxes when there was an Amazon lighting deal, it never did this to begin with, I'm convinced a recent firmware update is the reason for it. I also noticed it was causing my tv to keep changing aspect ratios at the same time this flickering appeared. The tv is now set to fixed 16:9 instead of auto.