cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview update version 9.3.3 build 4104

@Simon-J

since my 3 freeview boxes updated the other day here’s a list of bugs I’m having in all 3 

keep getting signed out off now tv 

continue watching no longer remembers what I’ve watched or if I leave a programme after 20 minutes of watching and go back to watch I have to start from the beginning.

boxes no longer power off when tv is turned off 

tv guide on freeview no longer loads properly .

Has anyone else had these problems?A factory reset or router reset does not fix.

Are these updates even tested before release??

25 REPLIES 25
Steven_keyte
Mentor

I've been getting frequent internet disconnections and re-connections, the TV is slow to load, other tabs on the TV guide (e.g. entertainment) just don't load and warnings saying that live TV channels haven't been set-up

Steve

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So the latest problem this update has given me I a message saying your now tv box is overheating,I assume this is because the auto power off is not working.

does anyone know if now tv are aware off the bugs in this update??

@schnapps @Simon-J

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm experiencing same issues.

Getting signed out of nowtv.

Box not switching off.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Hopefully you should be seeing less issues with the box now. Can you tell us if you're still getting signed out at all? if you are when does this happen - when waking the box up, powering it on, mid-use or just randomly?

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't seem to be logged out recently.

Have noticed that the box only power offs when in the menu. When it's on a channel I can find the box is still powered on the next morning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

image.jpg

 So this has now been happening this 3 days @Simon-J and word on a patch fix for this ??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

image.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Simon-J 

I installed the 9.3.3 build 4109-16 update today and now my freeview smart box (4500SK) powers off correctly after about 3 minutes, so thanks for fixing that. But the signal strength for all freeview channels is still incorrectly reported as 0%. And pressing "next channel" or "previous channel" from the secret tuner screen (home x4, up, right, down, up, left, right) still doesn't work. Were these bugs reported to the correct team?

Thanks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't work for NowTV and just a customer like all the NowTV Super Users on here.

Also i haven't used my NowTV Freeview box in a while (not one of my registered devices anymore) where i mainly use my NowTV 4K Box or Roku Stick Pus so i can't check for bugs or glitches on this device (unless NowTV want to grant me more registered and unlimited device swaps to help with finding bugs and glitches on their devices).

If you don't get a response from Simon The Community Manager, then either jump over to live chat or drop them a message via email or their web form (being a regular Forum contributor i am guessing you have the NowTV get in touch details).

Hope you get it fixed soon and it's a bug with the overheat warning message rather than the box overheating with a fan failure inside the box or continually running hot whilst idle.