cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview update version 9.3.3 build 4104

@Simon-J

since my 3 freeview boxes updated the other day here’s a list of bugs I’m having in all 3 

keep getting signed out off now tv 

continue watching no longer remembers what I’ve watched or if I leave a programme after 20 minutes of watching and go back to watch I have to start from the beginning.

boxes no longer power off when tv is turned off 

tv guide on freeview no longer loads properly .

Has anyone else had these problems?A factory reset or router reset does not fix.

Are these updates even tested before release??

25 REPLIES 25
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Hi all,

Regarding the box staying on, if your box is on version 9.3.3 you should be able to change the time following these steps:

1. Press the Home button
  2. Press the back arrow to bring up the menu
  3. Go to settings
  4. Select the ‘Power’ option
  5. Choose ‘Auto Power Savings’
  6. Tick the ‘After 20 minutes of Interaction’ option

Thank you for continuing to report the bugs your encountering, these are being investigated and addressed. Some make take longer than others if they cannot be easily replicated which is why we sometimes ask for more infomation.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J I’ve tried this on all my boxes and the problem still occurs 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User 

Thanks letting us know.

Can I ask which option you're choosing under that setting?

Also - thanks for sharing the screenshots of the TV guide problems you're seeing - this is really helpful to the team who are investigating this.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J I go to settings,system,power,auto power settings then tick after 20 minutes of no interaction 

ps any word on the new ui hitting the freeview boxes??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed. The box used to turn off when the TV was inactive (as per EU rules) without having to select the 20 min of inactivity thing. The 20 min of inactivity thing doesn’t seem to work on these boxes as the freeview tv is always playing either on the screen or in the background so doesn’t register as inactive.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J 

Yea, that doesn't work. It used to turn off the box automatically within a few minutes if it detected that you've turned off your TV, regardless of what the "Auto Power Savings" setting was set to.

These last few updates were obviously not tested for long, if at all. If they had of been then someone would of noticed that auto-off no longer works correctly and that the signal strength and quality for all freeview channels is incorrectly reported as 0%.