cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview update version 9.3.3 build 4104

@Simon-J

since my 3 freeview boxes updated the other day here’s a list of bugs I’m having in all 3 

keep getting signed out off now tv 

continue watching no longer remembers what I’ve watched or if I leave a programme after 20 minutes of watching and go back to watch I have to start from the beginning.

boxes no longer power off when tv is turned off 

tv guide on freeview no longer loads properly .

Has anyone else had these problems?A factory reset or router reset does not fix.

Are these updates even tested before release??

25 REPLIES 25
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Steven_keyte @schnapps 

It's not just the Freeview boxes. Both my black boxes have updated to the same build and I keep getting an offline message. I have to keep mashing the back button until it opens the homepage and then go to TV guide to find the channel I was watching but on a few occasions it says 'NowTV is currently unavailable'. There are serious issues with the build. Added to the issues with sport on youview and I'm close to calling it a day with the whole service. 

IMG_20201025_105200__01.jpg

Steven_keyte
Mentor

Well, since the message on the NowTV website that they where aware of streaming issues on Friday evening, my box appears to be behaving itself, I used it all day yesterday with no issues, all the programme guides are loading OK, so in my case everything seems to be OK, the box even switches itself off when not in use, which it had stopped doing at one point,

Steve

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am the same my now tv smart box with Freeview is behaving itself since Friday. I have watching it yesterday for quite a while with no interruptions and the same today.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I received the same update, although I haven't tested it much yet. But I do know that they haven't attempted to fix many of the freeview information screens yet.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Multiplex-channels-no-signal/m-p/534752

@Simon-J 

@Anonymous User 

The signal condition is still 0% for all channels, despite the channels working. Hopefully you can report the bug to the correct people if it was missed before?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And I can confirm that the box no longer shuts off if you turn off the TV while watching freeview.

I've also had the screensaver trigger once while watching freeview, which shouldn't happen as the TV isn't displaying a static screen. It never happened with 9.2.3 or any of the older firmwares.

How do these updates keep going out to people? It's as if nobody is testing them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any word on a fix for the freeview box not powering off??Mine has been on since it updated last week and now has become very hot to touch!!!Is this safe??

@Simon-J 

@Anonymous User 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I'm not sure about the Freeview boxes but there is a work around on other devices. Go to App Store, go across to NowTv and press enter. Leave the information page on your screen and it should power down after the amount of time you have selected in settings (10 minutes, 30 minutes etc). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box is still not powering off either plus the TV guide not loading is getting on my nerves  

image.jpg

437B75B7-9E5D-489E-A1B3-E3867EDDC2B7.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also not powering off. The box being constantly on is not good for the box (constantly hot) or the environment.

This needs to be resolved ASAP and I’m pretty sure it breaches some EU rules (not that they will apply in the UK in the new year)

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32013R0801&from=EN

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s been a few weeks now,you would have though a fix would have been pushed out,I spoke to live chat and was told not to worry about a overheating message on my box or the fact that it was roasting hot to touch that it was just a bug....just a box to someone’s house goes on fire or worse