cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview suddenly missing from NowTV box

Hi there,

I switched my NowTV box on this morning to find that the option to watch Freeview is suddenly no longer there. Normally when I switch it on in the morning, I click across to the right and there's an option to watch the last live channel I had it on the previous day. Today that section of the menu seems to have just disappeared and I can't get back to it. I can successfully scan for freeview channels, but after scanning there's no way of actually watching them.

I've tried a software update and nothing has changed.

Please could someone help me out with a fix for this, and let me know the normal route through the menu for accessing live freeview channels?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you first created a NowTV account or setup your first NowTV device for the first time, then you would have had to provide your bank card details (it's part of the policy when using NowTV).

You will not be charged for anything unless you physically buy passes.

Also recommend adding a Payment Pin to your account.

If it's asking for your bank card again, then it sounds to me either your current bank card on the NowTV system is out of date and now not valid which needs updating or you have created a new account.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add to the above, it seems to be the "TV Guide" option that is missing.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I haven't used my NowTV Freeview Box in a while to check if the issue is more widespread.

When you re scanned the TV Freeview channels on your box did the same of amount of channels show after the retune or much less ?

Sometimes rebooting both your NowTV box and Router may bring back the TV Guide.

Have you gone into the Box settings and tried a full factory reset and start from scratch again setting up your box and re scanning for the Freeview channels ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for getting back to me.

When I re-scanned, the usual amount of channels showed up (I think it said 147).

I re-booted but it stayed the same, so then tried a software update and that didn't help either.

I've now tried factory re-set, and have reached the stage where it's asked me to enter a code online, but to complete this stage the website is asking for my bank details - I'm not buying anything new so I'm not sure why I'm being asked for this. Reluctant to enter them as I don't want to be charged for something!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you first created a NowTV account or setup your first NowTV device for the first time, then you would have had to provide your bank card details (it's part of the policy when using NowTV).

You will not be charged for anything unless you physically buy passes.

Also recommend adding a Payment Pin to your account.

If it's asking for your bank card again, then it sounds to me either your current bank card on the NowTV system is out of date and now not valid which needs updating or you have created a new account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps - I've entered my bank details and now it all seems to be working again. TV Guide has re-appeared on the menu. So strange that it just disappeared overnight like that! 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad you got it working again 👍.

Just wondering did you try a reboot on your Router first before you tried the factory reset on the box has the last resort ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I just did the factory reset - didn't think of trying to reboot the router!

StevePNicolaW
Mentor

I often find a System Restart on the box itself works, and doesn't require you to set everything up again like a factory reset does