cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview retune problems

Recent retune central Scotland has caused most HD channels along with others to vanish , smartbox now only detects 149 channels should be nearer 162 in total , have even tried a full reset , any suggestions people  ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Recent retune central Scotland has caused most HD channels along with others to vanish , smartbox now only detects 149 channels should be nearer 162 in total , have even tried a full reset , any suggestions people  ? 

Hi @Anonymous User The only thing that can really be done is to lkeep rescanning until they are picked up unfortunately 😕

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User The only thing that can really be done is to lkeep rescanning until they are picked up unfortunately 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any ideas how long I will need to keep trying , no amount of retunes have made any difference so far , yet TV itself picks up all easily , looks like another box for the bin 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar problem. I have lost all the HD channels and some others too and only get 76 channels. I have re-tuned it about 5 or 6 times so far. I might try replacing the aerial as it quite old.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am assuming you have plugged your main incoming TV aerial directly into the smart box and is not shared or split to any other devices.

This might not be practically possible in your situation, but if it was me i would take the smart box either to a family members or friends house who have a TV digital roof aerial close to me to see after re scanning the TV channels on the smart box how the number of channels compares against your old TV aerial before splashing out the money for the new aerial.

Out of curisoity, how many TV channels do you pick up if you plug the TV aerial into your TV's inbuilt Freeview tuner ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to mention, i would also go to this website link below to check if there is no scheduled maintenance work or weak signals from your local TV transmitter or Relay, which could  be causing the loss of TV stations on your smart box.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips. It looks like there are no problems with our local transmitter at the moment and we are only about 7k away from it.

I tried tuning in with the TV internal tuner again last night and only got a few more channels and still no HD ones. I think I will have to order a new aerial and see what happens as I am wondering if it is not as compatible with Freeview since the retune.