cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview Retuning Wales, July 2109

This has probably been answered before but when we turn the box on we are advised that next week we will need to re-tune our Freeview channels and to press yellow to remove the notice or press blue for more information.

Our problem - press yellow, press blue - No yellow or blue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I live in Wales and only had the Freeview retune message pop up on my Panasonic TV inbuilt TV tuner.

Anyway see if this works, when the Freeview message pops up on your TV screen when using the NowTV Freeview Smart box, click the star button on the NowTV remote which should bring up a secondary screen with an option on the Red, Green, Yellow & blue buttons.

Then see if the yellow or blue button on screen removes the message.

You may have to use this star button when on one of the BBC Channels.

Can't test it unfortunately myself until I get the retune channels message on my Now TV smart box.

Hopefully it will work for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I live in Wales and only had the Freeview retune message pop up on my Panasonic TV inbuilt TV tuner.

Anyway see if this works, when the Freeview message pops up on your TV screen when using the NowTV Freeview Smart box, click the star button on the NowTV remote which should bring up a secondary screen with an option on the Red, Green, Yellow & blue buttons.

Then see if the yellow or blue button on screen removes the message.

You may have to use this star button when on one of the BBC Channels.

Can't test it unfortunately myself until I get the retune channels message on my Now TV smart box.

Hopefully it will work for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, I guessed it wasn't a new occurence and I've hopefully learned a useful tool, I've yet to get a chance to check either.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't know if my suggestion will work to be honest, where pressing the star button when on the BBC channels to bring a graphic R,G,Y, B and numeric keypad pop up screen is pretty new from what i believe (well i haven't noticed it before, but saying that i rarely use my NowTV Freeview Smart box anymore).

I could only trigger the star button pop up menu on the BBC 1 HD and BBC 2 HD channels only and it seems to interact with the BBC Red Button and iPlayer service (so selecting the yellow button may or may not work to clear the retune message).

I thought maybe the numeric keypad was for quick access to all the Freeview channels (which would be extremely useful) but at the moment from what i can tell from my quick test the numeric numbers don't seem to do anything.

I haven't delved into the BBC red button or iPlayer service to see if the numeric keypad actually does anything (unless it's intended for a future software update).