cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free view tuner removed from Now TV 4K Box

I’ve just bought the new Now TV 4K Box and I’ve just noticed that they have removed the free view tuner from the back of the device... This is one of the reasons why I wanted to upgrade to it over my Now Tv Stick and while also future proofing it with it being 4K. The weird thing is that none of the early reviews I have read have even mentioned that this feature has been taken away over the last gen box which I find bizarre. 

Can anyone shed some light on why they have done this?. I may now sell it and buy the older smart box now tv. 

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Viewing what’s on now/next was an improvement when looking at what you can view now!  Nothing advertised to say they were removing this function either which is wrong. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is obviously a cost saving measure as they assume people will want to use their tvs tuner, however for some people that want to stay in one gui this is a bad move.

I suspect this is so they didn't have to fix their quite frankly awful program guide.

I won't be getting a 4k box, as there are literally no features aside voice search that are worth buying it for as my tv can do literally everything a smart box 4k can do aside pause telly. Oh and if I plug a hard drive in it can do that, I can just use the app for Now. I won't ever go back to sky Q its just too expensive. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And so my renewal with NowTV+Boost will be ended on the last day of my subscription. Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Smart TV apps give me all the UK TV channels in HD HD+. So the lack of a FreeView TV tuner makes NowTV devices obsolete or an unnecessary expense. 

...to think people used to baulk at having to pay the BBC license. It's mainly the decades of very high production standards, scripts and exemplary acting BBC viewers and programme-makers had insisted upon that made BBC drama/documentary/radio output the finest in the World; now we see the same high-quality, original output from NetFlix, Amazon and Apple.