cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free to air channels

I've done all the tests to try find channels but nothing works. I've reset done factory reset checked ariel moved it etc but no channels can be found. Live chat took an hour and still nothing worked. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Have you connected a TV aerial to your 'smart' box. And scanned/tuned all the TV stations?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. 

I was told that as long as I could already view Freeview Channels then I would be able to set it up. However, since I am transferring from Sky and use a dish, I don't see how to connect the smartbox to an aerial. This is very frustrating and should be much simpler. 

When I first scanned for channels, it found 16. Now it can only find 5. None of this is using an aerial (again - I am an ex-Sky customer and therefore have dish not aerial). 

Help please. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you want to view the Freeview (DVB-T/T2) television service you need to connect the 'smart' box to a television aerial. A satellite dish is not a television aerial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am the same but I bought an indoor ariel that won't pick up any channels at all
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is the new box I have but after using an indoor ariel there are no free to air channels being received. Did all the things live chat told me to do but hr later still no sign of the 60 channels so they have forwarded it to escalations
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi
Can anyone help !!

Can u connect your now tv smart box to a freesat aerial?? I got a connector but it won't recognise it when I try to install the free channels.... I've read on the forum that u can't connect to a sky dish is this the same for a freesat dish aerial???
Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Can u connect your now tv smart box to a freesat aerial??

There's no such thing as a Freesat 'aerial', as it this particular service requires a (DVB-S/S2) satellite dish... The Freeview (DVB-T/T2) service requires a TV aerial.