cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fox News app seems to need a US cable subscription ?s

My Smart box just updated today. The Fox news app is different and seems to need a subscription to a US cable or satellite service provider to watch the live channels. I tried Youtube as a service provider but that didn't work either. Wondering if the app version is not meant for NowTV boxes ?

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I think it's the right version, but as you say you need a US TV subscription to watch live channels now. It's been that way for a few months now when the new version of the app arrived on NOW TV boxes in Jan. There was an issue with the new app not working on the Smart Box's previous firmware so it may be that you haven't noticed the change until now you've received the update. You can still watch some of the on-demand content but anything that's US only will be unavailable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the Fox app working on my Smart box since I got the box a few weeks ago (on older firmware) but of course not the live stuff. Pretty pointless really having the app when it doesn't do the live broadcast (although I don't care much for their news censorship anyway).

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Ah ye, looking back it was December's updated Fox app that didn't work on the smart box, sounds like the January update must have fixed it.