cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have used Now TV for over 12 months and all was working fine, then about a month ago the picture quality became erratic and so pixelated it’s impossible to watch. I have a Smart TV box and a stick and have tried box resets connecting via Ethernet instead of WiFi, moving the box such that it is now inches away from my Linksys WRT3200acm router. I’ve updating the Now TV software, performed a factory reset, changed the stream rates and even changed my router out as I thought it might be the issue. I have spent hours talking to my ISP provider who assure me that my modem is working fine and both them and I have ran Speedtest and I have 50mbs on WiFi over 2.4GHz and spoken to the folks in Now TV’s support team who just keep telling me my stream rate is less than 2mbs and the issue lies with my ISP! 

I have now cancelled my passes and out of shear desperation out for this post in the hope somebody can assist. Does anybody have any ideas what could be the issue? I can’t believe it worked fine for months and months and now the system is so poor it’s worthless paying for. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

32 REPLIES 32
Geluk
Expert 2

Perhaps buy a NOW TV Stick?

I used to use the app on my Samsung TV, but resolution miles better if I use the Stick.

Cheap to buy and bundled with offers too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's strange because as I watch Leicester  vs Chelsea the picture is changing every few minutes from perfect to very poor

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you are in a postion I would strongly recommend you purchase an Amazon Fire stick. Has been found to be extremely reliable inparticular for sports. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. But surely now TVs device, which by the way, has a wired connection, should be the best?The problem has only started in the last few weeks.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So Now TV has made many devices which supported Ethernet connections, such as the White, Black and Smart Boxes. All of which are no longer in production. 

The Now TV stick, is not supported for Ethernet connection, nor can you use an adapter to connect to it. 

Having owned a Smart Box and currently owning a Amazon Fire Stick 4K edition, I can say that hands down the Amazon Fire stick is far better than the Smart Box. 

Recently, Now TV devices are losing support, like the White Box. In my opinion, its a matter of time for the Black and Smart Boxes to follow suit. 

The Now TV stick is very poor compared to Amazon Fire Sticks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
Although my Box was connected to an internet cable, it was using wifi. Through these posts I found out how to make the change. Now everything seems to be good.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I was just watching a film last night on NOW TV. I have a decent cinema system and I just wasn’t getting the “wow” I get with other services but I thought it was the film. I watched a film on another service and got the “wow” immediately.

I’ve cancelled NOW TV a couple of times in the past for various reasons, vowing never to go back. I think the last time I was given a 6 month offer to stay and I have a couple of months left but I’ve had enough. The funny thing is, the quality has been pretty stable for me for the past year or two. So I go into my account to cancel, and I see there’s an upgrade, £3.99 extra or something to get HD and surround sound (5.1). So it looks to me like they solved the streaming quality issue by downgrading everyone without telling them, or maybe they did, and now they’re charging extra to get the same quality other services include as standard.

I’ve had enough of Now TV and their bureaucracy, their poor quality, cutting shows when you’re halfway through a season, separate subscriptions for TV and Movies, locking down systems (DRM) causing audio issues with some systems, device limits and more...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

Extremely poor picture quality here too. Pixilated screen. Impossible to watch.

What is Now TV doing to fix this problem? I have no problems watching Youtube or BBC iplayer.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried setting the device back to factory settings? 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

Is it connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi? 

Do you have boost?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I had notification come up on screen saying my device no longer of use to watch Nowtv with!
It’s the small white box, not too old either. Swapped to Amazon firestick now. No problems.