cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have used Now TV for over 12 months and all was working fine, then about a month ago the picture quality became erratic and so pixelated it’s impossible to watch. I have a Smart TV box and a stick and have tried box resets connecting via Ethernet instead of WiFi, moving the box such that it is now inches away from my Linksys WRT3200acm router. I’ve updating the Now TV software, performed a factory reset, changed the stream rates and even changed my router out as I thought it might be the issue. I have spent hours talking to my ISP provider who assure me that my modem is working fine and both them and I have ran Speedtest and I have 50mbs on WiFi over 2.4GHz and spoken to the folks in Now TV’s support team who just keep telling me my stream rate is less than 2mbs and the issue lies with my ISP! 

I have now cancelled my passes and out of shear desperation out for this post in the hope somebody can assist. Does anybody have any ideas what could be the issue? I can’t believe it worked fine for months and months and now the system is so poor it’s worthless paying for. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Dumped mine, too much hassle. Got Amazon firestick now, no problems and plenty of choices of viewing
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem I've had now tv for years with a white box everything worked fine up until recently where I was advised the white box wouldn't work anymore and I could either watch through apps or upgrade to a higher definition. I was happy with the quality I was receiving so just watch on laptop now however it is unwatchable. They are still taking monthly payments. I have fibre broadband so no issues with other platforms. I feel this is a ploy to try to make me upgrade to the higher definition stick which is shocking. If it doesn't get any better my monthly payments will stop. 

P.s. old analogue was better quality

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Unless you personally cancel your TV passes the payments will continue to come off your account.

As the White box was decomissioned in October you probably are past the point of getting a "free" Now TV stick. 

You can always try your luck on Live chat. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Click on "chat online" just under 'Chat to an advisor'

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help