cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have used Now TV for over 12 months and all was working fine, then about a month ago the picture quality became erratic and so pixelated it’s impossible to watch. I have a Smart TV box and a stick and have tried box resets connecting via Ethernet instead of WiFi, moving the box such that it is now inches away from my Linksys WRT3200acm router. I’ve updating the Now TV software, performed a factory reset, changed the stream rates and even changed my router out as I thought it might be the issue. I have spent hours talking to my ISP provider who assure me that my modem is working fine and both them and I have ran Speedtest and I have 50mbs on WiFi over 2.4GHz and spoken to the folks in Now TV’s support team who just keep telling me my stream rate is less than 2mbs and the issue lies with my ISP! 

I have now cancelled my passes and out of shear desperation out for this post in the hope somebody can assist. Does anybody have any ideas what could be the issue? I can’t believe it worked fine for months and months and now the system is so poor it’s worthless paying for. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had a week long sports pass and when watching live games on fri, sat and sun each became unwatchable, pixelating even freezing and buffering. I am trying to contact Nowtv via live chat but that doesn't work. Went on to the fill a complaint form in but that's a total waste of space and my time. Can't fill in name or email on it has nowhere to type. The drop down menu for select  reason not working either. Garbage. Just how am I supposed to make any contact?

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

You don’t say how you tried to watch NowTV - the current boxes and the Stick seem to give the best experience.

But yes, you need to talk to NowTV about this, and Live Chat is the mechanism to use.

Here’s the unvarying advice I give about this (other advisors are available), and note particularly, as you have tried and failed before on this, my final comments about using an alternative browser.

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, and haven’t set an Ad Blocker, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing browser as you suggested solved the contacting NowTv problem on laptop which I have now done.

As regards devices I was using, both are relatively newish. A white box and in a smart tv I use a stick. I've read other posts on here and it seems I'm not the only person with this problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am new subscriber and suffering extremely poor picture quality, so much so that we stopped watching. Followed your link but website down 'sorry we are experiencing technical issues'. With all the hype and promises we feel we have been miss sold and ripped off. My advice is don't go there, it's crap. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I, like you have cancelled any further subscriptions to Now for Sky Sports. They do not have an answer to my very poor picture quality and keep telling me to buy a stick. Now I am seeing complaints about sticks so why would I go and buy one and experience the same problems, I do not know what the answer is!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just signed up.

Quality is dreadful. Football last night and now is unwatchable. I haven’t been able to upload a pic. but the quality is about the same as the earlier poster.

No problems with other streams.

A terrible waste of money.

Keeps buffering tonight as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The picture for both Newcastle v Man Utd & Man City v Liverpool was awful - blurred & even buffering. 

Unless something is done immediately I am leaving. It is not my set up & I have Virgin Business 350 Mbps broadband.

Totally unacceptable NowTV

Alan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought a week pass to watch the masters and picture is unwatchable 80% of the time.

i have to keep going back out of the selected channel then back in and it seems fine for a couple of minutes then goes unwatchable again

complete waste of money

picture quality on Netflix amazon ect all perfect with no issues both on my lg tv and via the apple tv box.

note i have sane poor quality via apple tv also so there is no issue with my internet.

Not paying for this ever again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Normally my now TB picture is great last two nights terrible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Im honestly not sure what to say all I can think is there a capacity issue on NowTV as I’ve not had this but seen many have xx