cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have used Now TV for over 12 months and all was working fine, then about a month ago the picture quality became erratic and so pixelated it’s impossible to watch. I have a Smart TV box and a stick and have tried box resets connecting via Ethernet instead of WiFi, moving the box such that it is now inches away from my Linksys WRT3200acm router. I’ve updating the Now TV software, performed a factory reset, changed the stream rates and even changed my router out as I thought it might be the issue. I have spent hours talking to my ISP provider who assure me that my modem is working fine and both them and I have ran Speedtest and I have 50mbs on WiFi over 2.4GHz and spoken to the folks in Now TV’s support team who just keep telling me my stream rate is less than 2mbs and the issue lies with my ISP! 

I have now cancelled my passes and out of shear desperation out for this post in the hope somebody can assist. Does anybody have any ideas what could be the issue? I can’t believe it worked fine for months and months and now the system is so poor it’s worthless paying for. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

image.jpg

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have used Now TV for over 12 months and all was working fine, then about a month ago the picture quality became erratic and so pixelated it’s impossible to watch. I have a Smart TV box and a stick and have tried box resets connecting via Ethernet instead of WiFi, moving the box such that it is now inches away from my Linksys WRT3200acm router. I’ve updating the Now TV software, performed a factory reset, changed the stream rates and even changed my router out as I thought it might be the issue. I have spent hours talking to my ISP provider who assure me that my modem is working fine and both them and I have ran Speedtest and I have 50mbs on WiFi over 2.4GHz and spoken to the folks in Now TV’s support team who just keep telling me my stream rate is less than 2mbs and the issue lies with my ISP! 

I have now cancelled my passes and out of shear desperation out for this post in the hope somebody can assist. Does anybody have any ideas what could be the issue? I can’t believe it worked fine for months and months and now the system is so poor it’s worthless paying for. 

@Anonymous User Hi, can you tell me who your ISP is as sometimes this can affect our platform depending on what the router settings are. Also, are you using a VPN or anything of some sort? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here it as been happening for a few weeks now. Not using a VPN or anything that could effect the picture. Also tested at the same time on Amazon prime and netflix with no issues. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, poor customer service and i keep being cut off online chat. Again very poor considering the price we pay. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lol, I’m currently renting and where I’m renting the ISP is Now! Even with Now’s ISP the quality on my Apple TV is poor for Now TV and perfect for everything else.

It’s been like this for years and they still haven’t sorted it out so I have no choice but to leave Now TV. 

377B3422-A966-466E-9EBF-0D3DE359F3C2.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a now tv stick on occasions it is great quality but on others its just constantly buffering. its not the internet connection because when i load the now tv app on my laptop its perfect

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems I've got the same problem.  Looks like I'll need to ditch it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unwatchable pixelated picture quality so very very poor on football and F1 the lot !!! Just blurs of colours on screen. Sound fine picture terrible. TV working fine. Fibre broadband check complete all working fine. Please advise. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched the WBA v Villa game last night and as usual ( I never complain) the picture quality was poor of the game. The adverts were fine. My internet connection is good, I feel ripped off at the quality . The problem is I only buy it for the occasional game so don’t have time to ###### around changing all the settings, I just want to watch the game !!!! Amazon and Netflix work fine, adverts are fine, must be poor quality at source . I have a Samsung smart TV !!!