cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sgpathers
Advocate

Extremely poor picture quality

I have used Now TV for over 12 months and all was working fine, then about a month ago the picture quality became erratic and so pixelated it’s impossible to watch. I have a Smart TV box and a stick and have tried box resets connecting via Ethernet instead of WiFi, moving the box such that it is now inches away from my Linksys WRT3200acm router. I’ve updating the Now TV software, performed a factory reset, changed the stream rates and even changed my router out as I thought it might be the issue. I have spent hours talking to my ISP provider who assure me that my modem is working fine and both them and I have ran Speedtest and I have 50mbs on WiFi over 2.4GHz and spoken to the folks in Now TV’s support team who just keep telling me my stream rate is less than 2mbs and the issue lies with my ISP! 

I have now cancelled my passes and out of shear desperation out for this post in the hope somebody can assist. Does anybody have any ideas what could be the issue? I can’t believe it worked fine for months and months and now the system is so poor it’s worthless paying for. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sgpathers
Advocate

Re: Extremely poor picture quality

image.jpg

0 Thanks
16 Replies
sgpathers
Advocate

image.jpg

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

@sgpathers wrote:

I have used Now TV for over 12 months and all was working fine, then about a month ago the picture quality became erratic and so pixelated it’s impossible to watch. I have a Smart TV box and a stick and have tried box resets connecting via Ethernet instead of WiFi, moving the box such that it is now inches away from my Linksys WRT3200acm router. I’ve updating the Now TV software, performed a factory reset, changed the stream rates and even changed my router out as I thought it might be the issue. I have spent hours talking to my ISP provider who assure me that my modem is working fine and both them and I have ran Speedtest and I have 50mbs on WiFi over 2.4GHz and spoken to the folks in Now TV’s support team who just keep telling me my stream rate is less than 2mbs and the issue lies with my ISP! 

I have now cancelled my passes and out of shear desperation out for this post in the hope somebody can assist. Does anybody have any ideas what could be the issue? I can’t believe it worked fine for months and months and now the system is so poor it’s worthless paying for. 

@sgpathers Hi, can you tell me who your ISP is as sometimes this can affect our platform depending on what the router settings are. Also, are you using a VPN or anything of some sort? Thanks

0 Thanks
Mac11_1965
Advocate

Seems I've got the same problem.  Looks like I'll need to ditch it. 

0 Thanks
Brown13
Mentor

Unwatchable pixelated picture quality so very very poor on football and F1 the lot !!! Just blurs of colours on screen. Sound fine picture terrible. TV working fine. Fibre broadband check complete all working fine. Please advise. 

0 Thanks
Michaelk1
Advocate

Same here it as been happening for a few weeks now. Not using a VPN or anything that could effect the picture. Also tested at the same time on Amazon prime and netflix with no issues. 

0 Thanks
Michaelk1
Advocate

Also, poor customer service and i keep being cut off online chat. Again very poor considering the price we pay. 

0 Thanks
A_002
Advocate

I, like you have cancelled any further subscriptions to Now for Sky Sports. They do not have an answer to my very poor picture quality and keep telling me to buy a stick. Now I am seeing complaints about sticks so why would I go and buy one and experience the same problems, I do not know what the answer is!!!

0 Thanks
GlenMiller1
Advocate

Just signed up.

Quality is dreadful. Football last night and now is unwatchable. I haven’t been able to upload a pic. but the quality is about the same as the earlier poster.

No problems with other streams.

A terrible waste of money.

Keeps buffering tonight as well.

0 Thanks
Syd109
Advocate

The picture for both Newcastle v Man Utd & Man City v Liverpool was awful - blurred & even buffering. 

Unless something is done immediately I am leaving. It is not my set up & I have Virgin Business 350 Mbps broadband.

Totally unacceptable NowTV

Alan

0 Thanks