cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 288

I can’t login to now tv at home, I just getting error 288 on my phone and my now tv box, I have reset me modem and no luck can anyone help me 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have same error Sky ID Error 288 from the 26th July. I have reset my now TV box and Virgin Super hub 3. Now TV will work with Vodaphone tethered from my phone but not with Virgin.

Contacted virgin who didnt want to know.

Now TV help has been a waste of time. All they want to do is keep changing my email address which i have done 3 times and of course it still doesnt work and gives same error.  

Now TV chat staff dont have any understanding of the issue. Dont read the support call ref properly and havent come up with any meaningful troubleshooting since my first contract so i pay for a service that i cannot use.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not sure what Error 288 means, but if you are using a Sky ID when accessing your nowtv account when signing into your devices, have you changed your password or updated your account details on your Sky account ?

If so, you also need to manually update your nowtv account on the nowtv website as well (see this help article linked below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-id-and-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue here today with my smart stick and iPad (accessing the website rather than app).

I am on a holiday park and have bought a Wi-fi pass to get access but neither device will login.

I am waiting on a call back from the Wi-fi provider to see if they can help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I didn't get any help from the Wi-Fi provider so got a refund on the pass I had bought for the weekend from them (Wifinity if anyone is interested).

Ended up using my work mobile as a hotspot and streaming both of Sunday's games via that and without a hitch I might add. Not looking forward to the questions about my "unexpected useage" when I get back tomorrow... Smiley LOL

Further investigation (Google) suggests this is either an IP address and/or VPN issue where Sky/Now TV are trying to block useage abroad or from somewhere they can't clearly identify. Also happens on Sky Go.

Lesson learnt.