cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

EPG

Can someone who owns a new box please set the record straight for me.

I've read reviews saying that the EPG is only Now/Next and others that it is 7 days.

Would someone be so kind as to let me know what it really is?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it is only now and next. It does however have tabs for both Freeview and Now content. So you don't have to go into Now App to see what is on live on the Now channels.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it is only now and next. It does however have tabs for both Freeview and Now content. So you don't have to go into Now App to see what is on live on the Now channels.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bit of a shame really.
I know that some argue that in this age of streaming that a 7 day guide isn't needed but as Sky have added a more traditional over-the-air system such as Freeview why would they also not include the other perceived benefit of digital TV, i.e. the programme guide.
I was looking to install one of these at each TV in the house to have a consistent interface but my wife in particular likes to sit down of an evening and plan her viewing so the WAF of a Now/Next guide would be really quite low.

Here’s hoping Sky change their mind and address this in a future update…  

I think it's also a shame that they've not allowed the USB to be used for external storage and activated a recording system. Again a slightly "un-modern", non-streaming concept but at the end of the day they have released a box with linear TV access so its seems a bit short sighted to cripple it when compared with other linear TV boxes that are still (presumably) selling well.

Maybe they are concerned about stealing share from more traditional SKY HD of Q boxes.