cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dolby Surround Sound

I have the new Black smart box & I noticed that no matter what I do I can only get stereo out of it yet on mhy ps3 I get the full surround sound.

Ive gone through all the settings & nothing changes it.

TIA

Rob.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

At the moment the NowTV service only provides 2 channel stereo sound, hence the reason why you nowtv box is only out putting stereo sound only.

Don't know why your PS3 Is showing surround sound when using the NowTV service unless either your PS3 or AV Reciever is set to one of the pseudo surround sound settings such has Dolby Prologic 2 etc.

Nowtv are in the process of offering 1080P later this year, but there is no official line yet from NowTV if native 5.1 surround sound will be part of the higher tier specification, especially when Netflix and Amazon Prime Video offer DD 5.1 surround sound has standard with their streaming service Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having bought a Now TV box to watch Das Boot 2018, I was really disappointed to find that I am not gettng surround sound.

Is there is any  news  from Sky about when 5.1 will be available on NOW TV?? It appears to be very short sighted to not offer it!!